Chapter 3: Training with uncle H

Previously

"Well my Champion. I'll teach you how to use your powers over the earth, the dead, shadows and temperature. I will also send you to train with the greatest Heroes to ever live to improve you fighting. Are you ready?"

"Yes uncle" Percy replied.

"Good. Your room is on the top floor. It has a view over my entire domain. Tomorrow we will start with your powers over the earth. You are dismissed." Hades said. Percy nodded and walked to the stairs.

"You know there is an elevator?"

"Yes uncle. I have seen it. But seeing as I will need to do a lot of work, I better get started." Percy replied. He walked off leaving a shocked Persephone and an amused Hades. "He's truly one of a kind." Hades said. 

Third person P.O.V.

Eight months later

For the past ten months Hades had been training Percy relentlessly with his powers. His earth powers took only one month to master, same for his power over temperature, but he took four months to master his powers over the shadows and four for his powers over the dead. In his time in the Underworld Hades and Persephone had grown fond of Percy and started to see him as a surrogate son. After three months Persephone gave Percy her blessing and trained him in his free time. This was the last day of his training with Hades. Tomorrow he was going to use all his powers to try to beat his uncle so Hades didn't exhaust him completely. 

The next day Percy woke up from a knock on his door. 

"Enter" He said. A ghost came into the room. 

"Lord Hades has requested your presence, Lord Perseus." 

"How often do I have to say: none of that Lord stuff or Perseus. Just Percy. Tell my uncle I'll be there in five." Percy said groggily. 

"Of course Lord Percy." The ghost said before bowing and leaving. Percy sighed. 

"Well, time to start my last day in the Underworld." Percy got dressed quickly and left to the dining room. Once he got there he was surprised to see Apollo sitting at the table looking around in wonder. 

"You know unc, your palace is just as impressive as uncle P's, although that is more...lively." The God of the Sun said. 

"Well we are in the Underworld. Everything is more lively than this, cuz." Percy said sassily. Apollo looked at him and smiled.

"Sleeping beauty awakes." He said. Percy rolled his eyes.

"Do not try to sass the Persassy." Percy sassed back. "Anyway, what brings you here cuz?" 

"What? Can't I just visit my favorite mortal cousin?" 

"I'm your only mortal cousin, Apollo." 

"Really? Oh, yeah. I guess you're right, but that can't stop me from calling you my favorite." Apollo said causing Percy to roll his eyes again. 

"There's a reason why you're here. So what is it?" Percy demanded. 

"Artemis" Apollo said. Percy's expression turned stoic. 

"What does she want?" He asked slowly sending shivers up Apollo's spine. 

"Damn, unc. He's copied some of your traits. Well she wanted to know where you were to apologize. She said she-" 

"She knows I'm here. She can't sense me, so I'm in outside reach of Western Civilization or I'm in the Underworld. She also knows I don't want to be out of reach of the gods, meaning I'm in the Underworld. If she truly wanted to apologize, she would've stormed into this palace and begged for forgiveness. But since she hasn't been here she either doesn't really want to apologize or pride is getting in her way. Go tell her my exact words, tomorrow. Today is my last full day here for a while and I don't want to worry about her coming here." Percy said. He walked to the table and sat down.