Chapter 6: Meeting my sister

Previously 

While the gods around him were bickering Percy noticed another flash and saw someone he hadn't seen before.

"You must be Perseus." He said. Percy nodded.

"Yes, but I prefer Percy." He responded. The man chuckled. "And you are?"

"I'd think you'd be able to figure that out...brother. I am Triton." Percy bowed, but Triton stopped him.

"Why do you bow to your brother?" Triton asked.

"Hestia told me you and Amphitrite would hate me. I'm doing my best so you don't hate me." Triton gave him a small smile.

"Maybe, but she told me that you were different. So I will give you a chance, just like everyone should. Although it might take a while for my mother to do the same." He said. Triton sat down and Percy sat down next to him. The brothers looked at the gods who, except for Amphitrite, were bickering. Triton sighed.

"According to my parents I act like a teenager, but in truth I'm just tired of seeing them bicker. In over 1500 years nothing interesting has happened and this being the only thing I can listen to is really getting on my nerves."

"I'll probably change that." Percy said quietly. Triton looked at him sadly and put his hand on Percy's shoulder.

"Cheer up. It isn't your fault. It was going to happen eventually; nor our father nor our uncle can keep his hands to himself." Triton said. "Now let's stop their bickering so we can meet our sister." Percy perked up and nodded happily. 

Third person P.O.V.

Percy and Triton walked up to the bickering gods. 

"STOP IT!" Triton shouted. The gods all stopped and looked him. Triton blinked.

"I didn't expect that to work," he said. Percy snorted. 

"We're here for Percy's sister, remember? No bickering while we're here or you leave," Triton said. Apollo and Hades looked at each other. 

"Fine," Hades said, "we'll talk about this in my palace." Hades and Apollo flashed away leaving Hestia and Amphitrite. 

"Do you want to come or not Am?" Hestia asked. 

"No," Amphitrite replied, "I will meet her someday, but she isn't ready yet." Amphitrite turned away before stopping and turning around. 

"I am sorry for how I acted Perseus. I don't hate my stepchildren, but it was just...overwhelming." 

"It's okay Lady Amphitrite. And call me Percy," Amphitrite smiled at Percy and flashed away. Hestia looked at Percy smiling. 

"That was very nice of you Percy. And of you, Triton, for coming here," she said. 

"Don't be surprised aunt. I care more about family than I let on," Triton said. 

"I know that, but your father can be...blind sometimes," Hestia said. 

"So I've noticed," Triton replied. "Anyway, let's go." 

"I think you know where we are going, aunt?" Percy asked. 

"Yes, follow me." 

After a ten minute walk the three neared a small village, but something seemed to be different. 

"These buildings are old...and I sense something odd," Percy said. 

"Yes, I've seen mortal houses and these look like they are centuries old...that is unlike mortals," Triton said.