𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

Minju adjusted the hood of her jacket, so that it didn't completely cover her eyes. She decided to walk to school today, since the weather was nice and she wanted to enjoy it before everything was completely covered in snow. Also, because she didn't want to risk going to school with Jaemin again.

As the schoolgate came into sight, she slowed down her pace. A group of students came running past her and the girl confusedly stopped in her tracks. She looked down on her watch and her eyes widened as she saw the time. She immediately started running towards the school too.

Jeno was stood at the gate when a teacher suddenly spoke. "Come on, kid. We're closing the gate now." His eyes widened and students could be heard screaming for the teacher to keep the gate open for a few more minutes.

Jeno grew more worried as his eyes scanned the area for the girl he had been waiting for.
When his eyes fell on the short girl, his stoic face softened. He quickly kneeled down, pretending to tie his shoelaces.

"Yah, kid. Get up! We need to close the gate!" Jeno ignored the teacher and quickly glanced to the side when he saw Minju's panting figure, finally inside. He quickly smiled to himself, before getting up, bowing to the teacher and apologizing before making his way to the school building.

»

The hallways were cluttered with students, just like it was every single morning. Minju had quite the struggle trying to make her way to her locker. Finally reaching it, she opened it and started taking out her books for the first three periods. As she was reaching for her chemistry textbook, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist.
Completely caught off guard, the girl dropped her books on the floor.

"Shoot, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

The girl immediately recognized the voice and quickly turned towards the source. She gasped and wrapped her arms around the boy. "Yangyang, oh my God. When did you come back?" Minju exclaimed.

Yangyang chuckled at her cute reaction and hugged her back. "I've missed you so much." He said, tightening his grip on her.

Minju reluctantly pulled back, hitting his arm before kneeling to pick her books up. "You really didn't have to scare me like that." She looked up at him and playfully glared at him. He gave her a lopsided smile and kneeled down to help her.

"I guess I got too excited to see my girlfriend." Minju's cheeks flamed up at his words. Despite it being more than 7 months, she still got flustered by his words. "Cute." Yangyang whispered as he looked at her now cherry face. He was just staring at her face now and the girl felt awkward under his gaze.

"You never answered my question." Minju got up, brushing her skirt down. Yangyang chuckled again, standing up as well. "When did you come back? And why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, it wouldn't be a surprise then, now would it?" Yangyang questioned, eyebrow raised.

Minju awkwardly laughed, stuffing her books into her already heavy bag. "Hmm, if you say so... How was Taiwan? Is your family well?" Minju asked.

Yangyang nodded his head and hummed in response. "It was good. Felt great finally seeing that part of my family again." Minju smiled at his words, because she knew how much he missed his other family members. Yangyang turned his head to face her now. "I missed you too much, though. So, I had to come back." He had a glint in his eyes and Minju couldn't help but stare into it.

The couple was now just standing in the middle of the hallway, just taking in the person in front of them. After a few seconds, Yangyang smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Come on, we'll be late for class."

Minju nodded her head and started walking, still in Yangyang's grip. "Oh, by the way..." Yangyang glanced at her, still walking. "Uh, Jaem is forcing me to have a party for my birthday this year. Him and Renjun came to our table the other day and practically told us that we're having a party. Peer pressure, amirite." Minju rolled her eyes and Yangyang only laughed.

"Right. But I'd love to come, though. Sounds like it'll be fun." He answered. The shorter girl smiled at his response, and continued their way to their first period class.