𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Jeno was fuming. Minju, who was standing next to him was scared as she had never seen this side of him.

"Calm down, Jeno." Jaemin said, making his way to him. Mark put his hand on Jaemin's shoulder, stopping him. "Get your hand off of me!" Jaemin yelled and without thinking, threw a punch at Mark with full force.

Minju gasped and immediately went to stop her brother. "Stop, stop! Jaemin, what are you doing?!" She grabbed his arm as he was about to throw another punch. He looked at her, eyes filled with anger and she stared back at him with concern and fear. Jaemin's eyes went back to Mark who was sitting on the floor and then looked around the room to everyone else watching the ordeal.

He felt embarrassed. Embarrassed that he was the one who lashed out after telling Jeno to calm down. He wanted to disappear when he saw the same familiar eyes he had grown to love.

In the crowd stood Heeseung, staring straight at Jaemin with confused eyes. He just got there and the first thing he walked in is Jaemin hitting someone. In shock, the boy turned around and made his way back to the front door. Jaemin stood frozen for a moment before realizing that he had to go after him or else he'll never be able to explain himself.

He followed the boy all the way across the grass lawn and was panting by the time he finally managed to grab his arm. "Wait. Don't go, please." Jaemin breathed out.

"No, I have to leave. I don't know what went down in there, but it was definitely a mistake coming here." Heeseung said, lightly removing Jaemin's hand off his arm. "I knew I shouldn't have let Renjun convince me."

Jaemin caught on his words and looked at him, confused. "Renjun? Since when are you friends with Renjun?" He questioned.

"I don't know. He just came up to me and said we're friends. Should've rejected while I still could, honestly." Heeseung huffed out. "I only went with it because he's your friend."

Jaemin shifted his gaze to the ground, trying to hide his smile. He wanted to at least try to be serious for the moment. "Why me, though? I thought we weren't friends. So, does it really matter if you rejected my friend?"

Heeseung knew he got himself in a position that's going to be hard to get out of. Jaemin only stared at Heeseung's flustered state and softly smiled. Ultimately, taking in a deep breath, Heeseung spoke,"I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean to come off that way. I was just really confused and you didn't help much. And-"

"Me? What did I do?" Jaemin laughed after cutting off the boy.

"This. Exactly this." Heeseung was flinging his arms around, pointing to Jaemin. The latter was laughing, which made Heeseung even more frustrated. "You make me so confused. I don't know if I like you or not. And even if I did know, it wouldn't matter because you're you. You'd never like someone like me-" Heeseung was cut off once again, but this time Jaemin landed a quick peck on his lips. "What was that?" Heeseung stood frozen and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets.

Jaemin chuckled, "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that." He finally met Heeseung's questioning eyes. "I like you. Like really really like you and it's strange to me because I've never really liked anyone. Gosh, it feels so good to get this off chest. Now you know why I'm always bothering you. I just want your attention, but when you said those things it really hurt me. But I understand you in a sense. I'm sorry that I confused you, I probably should've been more clear on my intentions from the beginning."

After Jaemin's whole rant, both of them just looked at each other. Heeseung was trying to process Jaemin's words and the latter felt embarrassed under Heeseung's gaze. Just as Jaemin was going to ask Heeseung if he was okay, the boy had stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Jaemin.

It took the boy a few seconds to register what was happening, but eventually wrapped his arms around Heeseung too, both having smiles plastered on their faces.

»

Back at the house, Donghyuck escaped to get some fresh air. The atmosphere in the house was suffocating. He watched as the party got life again, almost like nothing happened a few minutes ago.

Taking a sip of his water bottle, he walked out on the balcony. It was on the top floor and had the best view of the open sky. For a few minutes he just stared out into the night, his anger subsided a long time ago.

"Nice jacket." A voice came from the other side of the balcony. Donghyuck was startled for a moment but quickly regained his composure.

He gave the girl a quick look before turning back to look at the sky. "Nice hair." He said in response.

The girl softly laughed, subconsciously patting her purple hair down. "Thanks." She walked up to him and stood next to him, still making sure there's a safe space between them. "How come you're out here in the cold?" 

"I don't have to answer to you. This is my friend's house, I should be the one asking you the same." He said, making eye contact with her for the first time since he arrived. 

The girl felt small under his gaze and quickly looked away. He scoffed and returned to his original position. Both were now just staring at the sky. "I can't believe there isn't a single star in sight." Nari said. "This is a rip off. What is the point of night if there isn't going to be stars?"

"Whoa, there. Calm down, Violet. No need to get aggressive." Donghyuck sarcastically said from his spot.

"Sorry, I tend to get a bit worked up over silly things." She said, sheepishly smiling. Donghyuck looked at her and studied her face. She was cute and so was her smile. "Also, it's Nari." He stopped staring at her and instead looked at her eyes, eyebrow raised. "My name, I meant."

He nodded and turned away again. "I'm Donghyuck." He said, almost inaudible. Nari smiled at him, even though he wasn't looking at her.

Both of them had turned to look at the sky once again. Even with no stars, it was still mesmerizing and it managed to bring a certain calmness. After a few moments, Hyuck realized that Nari was shivering and without a word he took off his leather jacket and lightly placed it over her shoulders. When she looked at him, eyes confused, he only smiled at her.

"You said you liked my jacket, didn't you?"

three chapters for my birthday. i hope you enjoy them 🥺