𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Donghyuck laid on his bed as he threw a baseball in the air before catching it. The boy had been left with his own thoughts for quite a while now, especially since he was alone majority of the time.

He knew that he could easily just go back to his friends, but he didn't have the mental strength to deal with them yet. Especially not when they expected him to apologize for a problem that he didn't even create.

At this point, he wasn't even mad anymore. He just wanted to move on; forget about what happened. He just wanted the hurt to go away.

However his tranquil environment was invaded by the knocking coming from his door. Groaning, the boy stood up to open the door.

On the other side stood Mark, an unreadable expression on his face. "What do you want?" Donghyuck asked, almost wanting to close the door in the elder's face.

"I wanted to make sure you're okay..." Mark started. Donghyuck scoffed, going to close the door. "No, wait-"

The door was slammed right in Mark's face and the latter frustratedly sighed. "Hyuck, please open the door." Mark begged as he knocked once again.

"Go away, Mark." The younger spoke from the other side. That didn't cease the banging on the door though as Mark was persistent.

Swinging open the door, Donghyuck glared at his brother. "What the hell is your problem?!"

"I just wanted to talk to you, Hyuck."

"Stop calling me that!" Donghyuck yelled, making Mark flinch.

The older took a step back, trying to create space between their bodies. "I'm sorry, I-"

"What? You what?" Donghyuck cut the male off. "You have some nerve trying to talk to me like we're okay."

"You won't even let me come near you. How do you expect me to fix my mistakes, so that we can be brothers again?" Mark pleaded, flickering his eyes between Donghyuck's.

The younger scoffed, poking his tongue into the side of his cheek. "You'll never be my brother again, not after what you've done, Mark. Why can't you understand that?" Donghyuck said, watching as Mark's eyes dropped.

He knew he striked a nerve, patiently awaiting Mark's reaction. "I-"

"Please just leave me alone." Donghyuck spoke, retreating back into his room.

Mark followed him in, annoying Donghyuck even more. "Get out." He demanded, shooting daggers with his eyes.

"I know you don't like me much, Donghyuck but I hope you know that I'm really sorry for everything I caused you and your friends." Mark stated, fiddling with his fingers.

"Just say it, Mark. You were selfish and got involved with the wrong people."

Mark cleared his throat to ease the tension in his throat. "I admit that I didn't always make the best decisions, but that doesn't mean you have to hate me." He choked out. "Hyuck, I'm your brother."

"That didn't mean shit to you when you were going out drinking and doing drugs while I sat at home suffering at the hands of your parents." Donghyuck started poking Mark's chest, the younger getting evidently angrier with each word.

"My friends have been better brothers to me than you've been the last few years. You don't even know the meaning of that word. You just thought of yourself, while I covered for you every day so that your perfect image wouldn't be tainted."

"Instead, I took the hits, the objects being thrown at me, the hateful words fired at me because I was the disappointment. You're still the same, Mark. You're still just as selfish as two years ago. Aren't you tired? Don't you get sick of always being the favourite? Do you really need their attention so badly to validate yourself? To lessen that guilt that you so rightfully deserve?"

Somewhere along the lines Donghyuck had started yelling. All that built up anger finally releasing from inside. The boy felt like the more he spoke, the lighter he felt. And after a while he felt as light a feather, finally satisfied with himself. "I can't believe that even now you can't own up. You can't even tell Mom and Dad what you did. Instead, I was the one being a good brother to cover up your mess. And look where it got us."

"I understand you're mad, but we can work this out. We used to be so close, I know we can go back to that again. Please, Donghyuck." Mark cried out, the pain seeping through his words.

Donghyuck shook his head, taking a step away from the older. "I'm not going through that path again. You hurt me over and over again, and I kept forgiving you. I won't do that to myself again."

Mark tried reaching for Donghyuck but the younger created more distance as he watched the older cry. "I'm not like that anymore. Please, trust me."

"Trusting you almost cost Jeno's life."

Upon his words, Mark flinched, thinking back to the past events. Mark's head hung low in shame of the person he used to be. He wished there was some way he could fix the problems he brought onto his brother, but he knew there was no way.

What's done is done.

"I'm tired. If you won't leave my room, I'll leave then." And without another glance at Mark, Donghyuck left his bedroom. Then he left his house, walking straight into the dark of the night.

He had no idea where he was even going, but staying in that suffocating house for one more minute would have ended him.

He allowed his feet to carry him in whichever direction they choose as he unknowingly started crying in his misery.

He had no idea where he was going, but he needed to make sure he was far away from his house. Far away from his parents. Far away from Mark.

"Hyuck?" A gentle voice called out. Donghyuck snapped his head up at the familiar voice, one he would never admit he missed. "What are you doing here?"

Renjun stood up from the porch swing, walking up to the boy. "Why are you crying? Are you okay?"

Donghyuck kept quiet as Renjun continued to bombard him with questions of concern. He never realized how much he actually missed his best friend and all his nagging. And without hesitating Donghyuck embraced the other, catching Renjun entirely off guard.

After the initial shock, Renjun carefully wrapped his arms around Hyuck as the latter continued sobbing into his shoulder. Renjun felt his heart hurt for his best friend, knowing that whatever happened must have been really bad if Donghyuck was crying.

So for the next few minutes, the two of them pretended like everything was fine. Like the past two weeks never even happened. And for that moment they were back to normal, just Donghyuck and Renjun like they used to be.

it feels good finally removing that on hold from the description 😫

anyway, helloo!! the whole universe album is amazing