𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Renjun closed his locker door. Heaving a tired sigh, he then fell back against the cold metal. The past few days have been nothing but madness as he was running around trying to sort out last minute arrangements for their graduation ceremony in three days. He was exhausted to say the least.

A familiar girl then caught his attention. She was paging through one of her notebooks, the sight reminding him far too much of the first time they met. A smile slowly formed on his lips and he broke his gaze away from her for a split second to compose himself. Just as the distance between them was small enough, Renjun pushed himself off the locker. 

Nari noticed the figure in front of her and instantly stopped in her tracks. When she saw Renjun's face, she immediately felt that weird feeling wash over her body. She hasn't spoken to him since that day at Minju's house and quite frankly she didn't think she'd be doing it this soon either. 

"Careful, you might bump into someone." Renjun teased and Nari took a hesitant step back. 

She awkwardly laughed hoping that maybe then she wouldn't feel as anxious as she did. "Right, sorry." She quickly muttered, eyes falling onto the book in her hand. 

Renjun noticed her lack of eye contact causing him to frown. She was acting like he was a stranger to her. Renjun really wanted to talk to her, but she somehow seemed uninterested. "Nari?" When her eyes finally flickered to his, he suddenly forgot everything he desperately wanted to tell her. "Uhm... Are you coming to graduation?"

Nari gave him a confused look. "Would you want me to?" She slowly asked, closely watching his face for any reaction.

"You are my friend... So, of course I'd like to have you there." Nari felt a bit hurt at the casual reference but chose to push it aside. It wasn't the time nor place for allowing feelings to influence her thoughts.

Instead, she plastered on the best smile she could and nodded. "I'll come then. Might just come for Hyuck though." Nari tried to joke.

Renjun forced a little laugh and Nari picked it up. She found the reaction strange, but shrugged it off. "I have to go now. Chenle asked for these notes." She explained, briefly lifting the book. Renjun only nodded before stepping aside and allowing her to walk past him.

Renjun groaned in frustration. He just had the perfect opportunity, but he had to be a coward. He stared off in space, processing his thoughts before he finally realized that he couldn't put it off anymore. He needed to tell her how he feels.

He ran in the direction she walked off in, through one of the side exits of the school. He spotted her walking a distance away and picked up his pace. "Nari!" He yelled and the girl stopped. She turned in the direction of his voice and saw him running towards her.

When he finally reached her, she stared at him, perplexed to say the least. "Renjun?" She asked.
He held onto her arm as he caught his breath. "Are you okay? What-"

"Nari, what would you do if I told you that I like you?"

The question came out of nowhere and was definitely the last thing she expected him to ask her. "Is this some kind of sick prank you're playing on me?"

"Nari, I'm serious." Renjun assured her as he offered her a small smile.

She paused for a moment, searching his eyes for signs of sincerity. "I wouldn't believe you." She finally answered.

His eyebrows furrowed into a frown, "Why?"

"I don't know, Renjun. Maybe because you were literally obsessed with another girl just over a month ago. You made me attached to you just for you to play with my heart and now you're saying this to me. I think I have every right to not believe you." Nari felt somewhat angry at Renjun after all the months of confusion he caused her.