𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

"Mark comes back next week." Donghyuck visibly froze at his father's words. They were having dinner, the first one in a couple of month. Him, his mom and dad. Donghyuck looked up at his mother's smiling face. Of course she was happy about the news, she always was happy when it came to him.

"That's amazing! I can't wait to see my boy again." Mrs. Lee laughed before continuing, "I don't think I know what he even looks like now."

"That's because you're never here." Donghyuck muttered under his breath, causing both parents to look at each other. The air shifted and tension rose as an uncomfortable silence filled the dining room. Donghyuck was playing with the peas on his plate, before getting up and storming towards the exit.

"When will you stop this?" His father's voice cut through the room. Donghyuck halted in his step, body slowly turning around to face the people he called his parents.

"Stop?" He scoffed. "You want me to stop? I did nothing wrong! You think after disappearing for almost 4 months, you'd at least try to understand why I'm not exactly the most delighted to see you." He took a breath to try to calm himself down, but failed as he felt himself getting worked up. "You're both selfish! Why don't you both just-"

His words came to an adrupt stop and his hand flew up to his cheek, which was now burning from where his mother had slapped him. "You brat!" She yelled out, her face contorted into anger. "Who do you think you're talking to?!"

He looked in the direction of the table, looking at how his father reacted to the situation. To no surprise, the man was silently enjoying the rest of his meal. He was acting like nothing just happened.

The brown haired boy's facial expression quickly turned into an emotionless stare as he turned back to his mother. With nothing left to say, he turned around and left the room. Almost out of reflex, he pulls out his phone and calls the number he always had on speed dial.

The voice on the other line sounded muffled as it muttered a quick "hi". "You're home, right?" Donghyuck breathed out.

Renjun hummed, sounding distracted, before realizing the crack of his best friend's voice. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" He wanted to question more, but the line went silent and he realized that Donghyuck had hung up. "Rude..." Renjun rolled his eyes before focusing on the book in front of him. He found it hard to focus as his mind kept thinking of what could be wrong. The boy raked his brain trying to figure out what had happened, until his remembered a text Donghyuck had sent him a few hours earlier. "Oh no..." Renjun sighed, falling on his bed.

»

Even as small boys, Donghyuck and Renjun were inseperable. They shared everything with each other, but still they bickered like an old married couple. Even at times when it seems like they hate each other, it was clear as day how much they are willing to risk for one another.

"When are you getting a girlfriend?" Donghyuck was lying upside down with his legs pressed up against the wall beside Renjun's bed. Renjun only shrugged, not even replying as he was too interested in the book in front of him. Donghyuck eyed the boy that was seated at his desk, eyes moving over the pages of his book. Donghyuck flipped his legs over his head, to get into a sitting position. "Why don't you just ask her out, man?"

Renjun's attention was on the boy now sitting up straight. "Ask who out?" Donghyuck stared at Renjun for a second, before playfully scoffing. Renjun, confused, looked at him, expectantly, finally putting his book down.

"You know exactly who I'm talking about." Donghyuck stated, with his one eyebrow raised.

"I'm sorry, but I don't?" Renjun asked more than actually stating.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and let out an exasperated groan. The boy thinks that Renjun is playing dumb, but the Chinese really didn't know what he was talking about. "You really have no idea, do you?" Renjun slowly shook his head, causing Donghyuck to once again sigh. "Dude, you literally look at Minju like she gave you free ice cream."

"But I don't like ice cream, though." Renjun confusedly said.

"That's not the point!" Donghyuck yelled. "The point is, you like Minju and I swear on my life if you deny it, I will kick you."

Renjun's eyes widened at his last few words, before growing even bigger when he fully registered his best friend's words. He had never really thought that he may have feelings for the younger girl, all he knew was that he always longed to talk to her and was extremely happy when she would only smile at him. But labelling it as love was what caught Renjun off guard and so, he spent the rest of the night thinking about what this meant, ultimately falling asleep with his last thought being of Na Minju.

 But labelling it as love was what caught Renjun off guard and so, he spent the rest of the night thinking about what this meant, ultimately falling asleep with his last thought being of Na Minju

all this confidence is soon going to be replaced by anxiety. pretty sure there's a million mistakes here, i'm sorry ://