𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

The autumn leaves were falling and slowly the trees were becoming bare. Minju watched as a leaf slowly fell to the ground and then another. One fell on her head and as she was about to reach up to remove it, her hand made contact with someone else's. Startled, she jumps forward and rapidly turns around to find the culprit.

There stood no other than Lee Jeno, hand midair with the leaf between his fingers. "W-what are you doing?" She finally managed to say.

The boy regained his composure, giving her a small smile waving the leaf in front of her face. "I was taking the leaf off your head, you big baby."

"Hey! I'm not a baby!" She yelled at him, making the much taller boy laugh. He took a step closer to her, closing the gap she had created between them. Instinctively, she took a step back, making him take another one towards her. This time she didn't back away and waited for his next move.

He leaned down, eyes boring into her's. "Yes, you are." He booped her nose. She flinched at the contact, but before she could retaliate, he had already made his way past her.

"Hey!" She whipped around, running towards his laughing figure. "Come back here!" Jeno ran away, still laughing and she obviously followed.

"Only if you can catch me with those short legs of yours." He yelled over his shoulder, dodging her attempt to grab his backpack.

Minju was slowly getting out of breath, but refused to let him win. She stopped for a second to catch her breath, hands resting on her knees. She looked up and saw that Jeno was standing a few meters away, a mocking expression on his face. "Tired already? Wow, you're so unfit." He laughed as she flipped him off, still trying to catch her breath.

"Ohoho, it's so on, Lee." The boy smirked at her, winking at her before disappearing around the corner of a building they ran by.

Immediately the girl sprinted in the same direction. She was determined to catch him. Turning the corner, she bumps into a hard chest, a loud 'oof' releasing from her mouth. She looked up, eyes meeting Jeno's piercing ones. She takes a step back, getting ready to throw hands at him. He chuckles at her actions. He then grabs her by her shoulders and presses her against the wall next to them.

Minju didn't move, paralyzed by the shock. He looked her straight in the eyes leaning closer to her. Eyes wide and unsteady breathing, the girl tried to calm herself down. Get a grip, Minju. You have a boyfriend! You cannot allow him to kiss you!!

Jeno stopped just as his nose touched hers, still staring into her eyes. A blush now crept up Minju's face and she tried her best to keep herself composed. A soft gasp came off the girl's lips when Jeno pressed a kiss on her cheek.

"You're it." He said, lips still lingering on her skin. He pulled back, securing his backpack strap. Jeno gave Minju one more look before turning to head in the direction of her house, leaving Minju a flustered mess.

»

The front door of the Na resident bursts open and in comes a very tired Minju. The girl had to run to catch up to Jeno, after he left her leaning against the wall. On their walk to her house, Minju decided that he was only playing with her and that she shouldn't get worked up over it.

It didn't mean anything. Minju kept repeating the words in her head all the way home.

Jeno soon followed her into the house, taking off his jacket and leaving his backpack at the entrance. Minju watched him from where she was stood at the kitchen counter. When he finally finished and looked up, his eyes met Minju's. The girl's eyes widened and she started coughing, having choked on literal air.

His eyebrows furrowed and he started walking towards the girl. "Uh, hello?" Jaemin came down the stairs, with his phone in his hand. Both Jeno and Minju look up at him. "Did you guys come together?" Jaemin questioned, eyes shifting between his best friend and sister.

"Yes, we did. Why?" Jeno asked with his eyebrow raised.

Jaemin chuckled, "Oh, nothing. Just a bit curious, that's all." He turned on his heels, going back upstairs again.

The pair was left alone once again, and the awkward atmosphere was suffocating Minju. Jeno was sitting on one of the counter chairs, busying himself with his phone. He didn't seem to care about his surroundings and didn't look like he was leaving anytime soon.

"Uh, back there..." Minju started, catching Jeno's attention. "You, uhm, you... uh kissed me on the cheek?" The sentence sounded more like a question than a statement.

Jeno nodded his head, "And what about it?"

"Why did you do that? Like it came out of nowhere." Minju asked, playing with her fingers out of habit.

"I thought we were just playing around?" Jeno questioned, confused by her words.

Minju sighs, looking down at the table then back up to Jeno. "Yes, of course. I just... uhm, I don't know. Let's not make anything awkward, okay?"

The brown haired boy stood up from his seat as he pressed his arms up on the counter, a playful glint in his eyes. "It's only awkward if you make it awkward, princess." Grabbing his phone, he disappeared into the house.

Minju stared into the direction he left in, gaping at nothing. "What... the fuck."

"