chapter twenty nine

"damn I'm tired!" I grumbles to my dark apartment.

Leaving work at past seven has me dead tired.
I close the door behind me,clicks on the light of the living area,kicks away my heels and strolls into my living area to drop my bag on the couch and heads straight to the kitchen,flicks on the light.

"Kai! I'm hungry!" I exclaims to myself.

"I still have some left overs" I mumbles.
I open my fridge and brings out the groundnut soup kept there.

Bends to grab some pots from the lower cabinet where pots are kept and rinse both of the pots in the sink,pours some quantity of the soup in one of the pots,enough to satisfy  me tonight.

Close the lid of the container of the soup and puts in back in the fridge.
Turns on the gas,sets it on low and puts the pot on it.

Rinses out the second pot and puts in some amounts of water,places it on the second face of the gas cooker and turns the dial.

I made my way up the stairs,changes to a comfy shorts and one of my brothers's jersey.

Back to the kitchen to decide which solid food to cook.

"Hmmm" I contemplate,staring at the garri and semovita.

"Which of you will like to do the honours of accompanying my soup" I ask the inanimate foods.

After no response from them,I decided on the semovita.

"Another day, garri" I say to the cassava flakes while I put it in it's cabinet.

"I'm so hungry,I'm losing my mind" I laugh

I was setting down the glass of water and intending to start eating when my doorbell rang out.

I check the time and it displays 8:28 pm.
Today is Monday,Ife can definitely not be here to say we should go out.

I made my way to the front door and opens it to find

"Rapheal" I gasps

"Hmm what are you doing here?.forgive me, good evening"
I was flustered.

He glares at me and did not bother to reply.
He steps in to the apartment and looks around, searching for something.'What is wrong with him' I ponder as I closes the door.

"What can I help you with?" I asks him.

"Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Your ex fiance" he spit out the 'fiance" like it was disgusting.

"Huh,who?" I am confused,fiance?me!,that's a laugh right there.

"The man who you were making out with at the office lobby"
He crosses his arms and does those power posture with one of his eyebrows raised questioning.

'Wait,who was I making out with?' I asks my self.

"Ohh!" I exclaims when it dawned on me he is jealous of ovie,my brother,"true love of Ife" quote from Ife,herself.
'Which is funny cause the meaning of Ife is love,so true love of love,stupid!'. I thinks distracted until he clears his throat impatiently.

"So?" I ask while also mirroring his stance,I challenge him.

"What importance is it of,to you? My fiance?"

He was silent for a minute then he drops his arms and stalks to me,bends until our eyes are levelled and says

"I do not share" he says slowly and softly before he tugs me to him and kiss me.

I resists at first and he breaks the kiss.
"Why are you so stubborn and adamant about this" he whispers and then brings his hands up to frame my face gently.

He maintains eye contact with me while caressing my face and a warm sensation went through me,I sighs softly at the calming gesture.

'betrayal!!" I mentally accuse my body.

He drops his right hand to my neck and held it,uses it to motion me to tip my head slightly backwards,my eyelids flutter close and he brings his face close to mine and kisses the corner of my mouth,does the same to the other side.
I ripped my head to the side to find his lips but he evades my searching lips and moves up to kiss my temple,eyelids,moves to my nose. HE kisses the bridge of my nose and tilt his head to the side and rubs his nose alongside mine in such a sweet way,it made my heart flutter.

I open my mouth to say something and he dives in,
He took possession of my lips like  a dominant lover and my hand grabs on to his suit as a lifeline.he invades my senses in such a delicious way that made me whimper, as the moan left my mouth.His tongue darts outside of my lips and he took possession of my down lip and bites it gently.

I raise my hands to grab hold of his neck and hold on.

He licks the stings away and bends to lift me up,I wasted no time in wrapping my legs around him and grabs hold of his shoulders.
He cups my butt in his hands and stride to the couch.

Still kissing,he puts me down gently. As my butt touches the couch,I tug him closer to me.

My hand made way from his shirt to his soft thick hair. He goes under my jersey and touch my skin,I moan at the feel of his warm hands on my skin.

He continues taking possession of my lips while I shrugs back his suit from him,I was unbuttoning his shirt when something vibrates under my butt. I ignored it and shrugs his shirt off him,he took his hands from under my jersey for me to remove his shirt from his body. I move forward with the kiss and my phone rang out.

I tore my lips away and curses "FUCK!"
I turn to remove my bag from under me,I brought out my phone and saw missed calls.
Immediately it rings out again. I
grunts at the caller ID, Rapheal smirks while buttoning back his shirt.

"Ife, what?!"

"HE PROPOSED!!!" she shouts excitedly through the phone.

"What?!" I check the time and sees it was almost nine
'fuck,fuckity,fuck!' I curse. I was supposed to be there by 8:30

"Is something wrong?" Rapheal asks me.

"No"

"Are you with someone?,that one is even for later. He proposed!,it was so cute and adorable the way he was so uncomfortable and don't get me started on the ring,it is sooo beautiful,he told me you help him picked it. I knew it cause men have no clue whatsoever in picking the best ring" she gushes.

I was happy that she was happy. Rapheal makes his way to the kitchen.

"Aiiii!,my friend is getting married" I screamed excitedly.

"Haba!, Not yet now. Calm your horse down,there is no rush yet"

"Okay,but I will never forgive you if someone else is the best lady"

"Whoelse would it be if it not you" she states.

"Better" I said suddenly teary eyed.
I heard ovie called her name

"I will call you tomorrow, though you are not yet forgiven for not being here but I'm sure it has to do with Rapheal that is there"

How did she know?

"How did you....she cuts in to say " tomorrow chicken,my fiance is waiting for me,I like how that sound, my fiance"

"Babe,byee. I don't want to start hearing PG rated sounds"
She laughs and ends the call.

I turn back to look at Rapheal to find he was eating my food.

"Rapheal!!"

******************************

Happy new year to my readers,you guys have been the best. Thank you for taking your time in reading the mess that comes from my brain.

💓💓💓💓. May we have a wonderful year ahead of us.