chapter Ten - Leading the project

"He did what!!" Ife screams through the phone.

"Babe,don't burst my ear drum,Sheesh!"

This is what you get for telling your dramatic friend how your day went.

"I hope you taught that asshole a lesson,that dude literally said you should suck him"

"Ewwww ,Ife!!,you are too crude"
"If I want to be crude,I won't have said that"

That's true,she has the vocabulary of a gangster.

"But Rapheal handled it, he is just so dreamy" she sighs.

"By letting him off with just a warning"

"What should Raphael have done,it wasn't like brad made a move on you and also you are not a victim,you clapped back way harder,babe!! You brought his mom into the conversation" she said incredulously

"That was not a conversation"

"But seriously,your office is just cuckoos!!" She laughs

"You do know i am still angry,right?"

"Queenie,you crushed him,does that make you feel better"

"Abit" I smile brightly

"You are smiling aren't you,you are wicked seriously!"
"I learnt from the best,
someone can not be friends with you for that long and still be normal"

"Awww,you just gave me a compliment"

We laughed at that statement

"I have to go, l was marking my student's papers before you called"

"Okay,later"

"Later"

It is hard to believe but Ife is a lecturer for a higher institution and not just any subject, she teaches MATHS. She is a Brainiac which doesn't match her bad girl image.
I never really had time to explore this city and I So want too but work comes first.
I climbed my stairs, searching in my bag for my keys,I heard my name.

"Queen"

Ohh it is Noah,my neighbour.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine,you?"

"i'm okay"

"I haven't seen you around that much"

Bro,I just packed in a month ago,where is this going?

"Being busy"

"Ohh,what do you do?"

"I work at a construction firm,as an architect,what do you do?"

"Ohh,an architect nice,I am a banker"

"Good"
What else?.

"Sorry but are you free Friday's night?" He asks

"I don't know yet,why?"

"I just think maybe we should go out for drinks and you get to meet your other neighbours?"

"I have other neighbours?" I asks
I thought it's only Noah and I..

"Yes,yes two infact,the apartment next to your own is occupied by a couple,the Mathews and those last two after mine is also occupied by ayo then osas"

Noah's apartment is the middle apartment and at his right side is me and the ghost couple.

"Are they ghost?,am referring to the couples or they travelled or what,cause I have never heard a sound not even a pin drop from their apartment"
He burst in laughter

"I'm serious"

he kept on laughing
"It wasn't funny"

"Yes,it was your facial expression while you were talking that made me laugh and no they are not ghosts but they do travel cause they are marine officers"
Wow,marine officers.

"That's way better than being a ghost"

"So Friday night?"
"I will let you know if I can".

....................

The clients just came in.
"Welcome,Please take your seat" Brian says politely.

Raphael is seated at the head of the table,the clients are seated at the left side of the table while the team is seated at the right.
Brian introduced everyone and got right into the presentation but the CEO of the hotel we are designing asked about a certain area and Brian said.
"Architect Queen can explain that better"

Oh,he just gave me the floor. Don't have a panic attack,do not panic! I silently cheered on my self.
I stood up and walk to the 3d projected image and explained,
Instead of Brian to continue after I was done,he gave a nod that I should finish the presentation.

After the presentation,the clients had left,I turned to Brian's office but Raphael was inside discussing with him.

"I will come back later" when I saw rapheal

"No,take a seat" Brian suggests

Raphael gave me a look and turned back to Brian.
"She will be able to handle it" Rapheal argue

Who is the she,they are talking about or am I listening to a very private conversation.

"Queen,have you had a previous experience of leading a construction project?" Brian asks.

I took a quick glance at Rapheal and answered.
"Yes"

"Of while magnitude?"
"8 floors"

"This project is going to be a twenty one floors,can you handle it?"

"Yes but why are you asking me?"

"Cause the clients were impressed by you and requested you be the lead architect on this project"

Really,can they make that kind of requests?well I am honoured but...
"But Rapheal is..
I tried to say Rapheal is the lead architect but Raphael cuts in

"I will still supervise you,cause I don't want you to make a mistake that will cause us millions of money but the decision making and being the site architect is yours"

I rolled my eyes at "making a mistake worth millions"

"So are you on"

"Yes I am"