chapter forty

The beep woke me up.

I came into consciousness with a yawn,straight into someone face.

'wait a minute' i paused and glanced around wildly.

This is Rapheal's apartment and the person currently wrapped around me is the owner.

"Do you always sleep like a demon?" He mumbled

I jolted up at his voice,wrong action!

"Oooww!" He moaned in pain as my forehead smacked into his face,this was due to the fact that I was entangled with him.

"Oh my god!..... I gasped.... I am so sorry" I try to detangled my body parts from his to assess the damage my forehead caused. My right leg was trapped inbetween his legs,my shuffling to render help cause another Yelp to emerged from his lips.

"JESUS CHRIST!" I kneed him in the family jewels.

"Shit!!" He untangled me to curl into a fetal position.

'my knee made contact with my boss's squishy balls,okay eww!' a disturbing mental image followed that thought.

Pained sounds emerged from him. I was kneeling at his back ,scared to touch him.

"Are you okay?" dumb question was the best I could come up with.

"Do I look okay?" he turned his head to snap at me.
" I am so sorry" I gently touched his arm. "what can I do?" The guilt made me ask.

"You can kiss it to make it better" his smug voice answered.

"Urghh,No!" I pushed away from him.

He scoffed "Nun, just give me some minutes or bring some ice" he suggested.

"I will be right back" I hurriedly climb out of the bed which was a feat with the dinner dress still on but I charged on and made my way to his kitchen.

'No ice Makers' I grabbed the cold sausages ' Appropriate enough'

I dash back into the bedroom to find Rapheal missing from the bed.

"Hmm, Rapheal" I called out hesitantly as I walked into the room.

"Right here" I jumped at the sound of his voice,turned back and found him at the entrance to the bathroom.

"Oh you can walk" I noted stupidly. He raised his eyebrow at that.

'well,what do you say to someone you kicked in the balls, more like kneed though' I mentally argued with myself.

"A knee to the balls doesn't equal decapacitation" he stated.
I rolled my eyes at that." The way you screamed made it seem like that"

"I didn't scream" he argued.

"You did" I argued back

"I didn't and that's final"
He turned and pulled his shirt off.

'Drool? Check!,how is someone's son this fine' I mentally whined.

I was engrossed in my perusal of his body,I almost didn't catch his "we can share this shower and conserve water"

"Huh?... It took some seconds for my brain to register his words ...NO!" I declined.

"Okay,then why are you still in the bathroom?" He raised his left eyebrow at me.

I glanced away from his body to take notice of the white tiles,I had followed him into the bathroom.

"Oh,I'il be going" I scampered out.

......

I was busy digging into breakfast or brunch meal. It was here by the time I came out dressed in Raphael's turtleneck and black shorts.
'Never returning these clothes' I thought gleefully.

"Don't choke on the spag"
"I won't" i replied with a mouthful. As I try to swallowed after chewing,it refused to go down,I gave series of coughs to dislodge it.
Rapheal slides a glass of water to me.

'what is it with guys giving me water'
Don't have time to decipher that,I took gulps of water to push the food down.

"Thank you" I mumbled

"Stop inhaling the food,it is not going to run away" he chastised me.

'okay daddy. eww!! I really need to stop my over imaginations'

He saw the grimace on my face.
"What's wrong?, what's up with that look?"

"Nothing. So how did I end up here?"

"You were so tired and drowsy after the party,I decided to bring you here. Instead of you going home and probably forget to lock your door. Didn't want to take the risk and also my place was closer " I grew warm at his thoughtfulness.

'my heart almost dived'

"Thank you so much"

"It's nothing"

"Sorry about this morning but I am not used to another presence in bed"

"I gathered as much,you hogged the bedsheets,threw kicks, continuous turning and rolling around,almost rolled off the bed" he grumbled.

I am mortified,it has been a while someone complained about my weird sleeping situation. Imisi has always refused to sleep next to me since I kicked her off the bed when we were kids,she rather sleep on the floor she says.

Sleeping in that dress was not comfortable by a long shot and I was still able to move that much.

"It was cute though, at least it got you wrapped in my arms" he made eye contact with me and I blushed.

He broke eye contact and puts his cutlery down. After some minutes of staring off unfocused,he said"When are you going to stop lying to yourself or keep hiding behind the boss excuse?"

"Can we not do this now?" I pleaded.
The room became thick with tension.

"I don't see anything wrong with now,now is a good time" he shrugs.

I tried to change the topic.
"Who made this spaghetti?,it is delicious"  It did but I already lost my appetite.

"Don't try to change the topic"

"I just can't do this right now"

"Okay but don't give me your kisses freely when you don't want anything to do with me" his face was impassive.

'what is going on!' I am confused.

He stood up to go to the sink,washed his plate,then propped his hands on the rim and dropped his head forward.

I stood up and went to him,I rest my face on his back,circled it with arms and locked my fingers  on his chest.

'He smells so good' I snuggled my face into his back. He covered my linked fingers with his palms.

"You said you will be patient" I said into his shirt covered back.

He didn't reply back and I got scared.
'i am not ready for this!' I internally panicked.

He starts to caress my hands in a soothing motion.

"Me being patient depends on you" he finally replied.

***************************************
Tingles of love or I am just being delusional.

Do vote and comment darrrrrrlings!