chapter thirty six

Currently at the back seat of Rapheal's car,on my way to pick imisi up.

I was so scrolling through memes when I heard a noise and glanced up from my phone,my eyes and the driver/security/guard eyes meet in the mirror.

'okayyy'

His name is Joshua,tall burly physique that makes it hard for him to blend him plus the permanent scowl on his face,he looks mean, threatening and in your face and I guess that why Rapheal choose him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him

"We are here,ma" he answered in a low voice as if,if he raised his voice to a higher level,I will probably bolt or start crying.

"Oh" I was so engrossed in my phone I didn't take note of the fact that the car is no longer moving.

I shuffled to the right side of the car and stared out of the window,we are in the suburbs where you have snobby rich individual as neighbours.
Her house is a forest green building with hedges by it's sides,a nice homely house occupied by her and her brother,I turned my head to looked down the side walk hopping to see her,i didn't so I called her number.

"Hello" she greets

"Where are you?"

"Queen?,you are here already?"

I rolled my eyes

"Yeahh" I said in the manner of duhhh

"Oh shit!,gimme five minutes I'm coming" she cuts the call.

I checked my time and it was 12:47
"Women" I murmured,Joshua huffed and I looked up.

"Is something wrong?"

"Not at all Ma"

The Ma irks me to no end and I am sure he knows.

"Can you stop addressing me as Ma?"

"No Ma"

'guy!! chill on the Ma,I am not yet a rich aunty'

"Really?"

"Yes Ma" now he is doing it on purpose.

I rolled my eyes and went back to my phone. I was busy playing bubble burst game when ife called.

"Where are you?"

"Currently waiting for imisi?"

"Okay,get here soon,this crackers is not going to fry it self"

"What!! You haven't cooked it?,haba Na!"

"You are the only one who wants to eat it"

"And so!"
She cuts the call,'that witch!'.

I was busy thinking of which ways to kill Ife when imisi knocked on my window.

Joshua unlocked the door and I shuffled to the side and she came in.

"Sorry to keep you waiting" she apologized.

"No problem"

"I didn't wrap the gifts i want to give the couple"

"It's okay,I'm sure Ife will be delighted at the gift and will forgive our lateness"

She smiled "fingers crossed,so you ordered uber?"

"Kinda"

She raised an eyebrow "kinda?"

"Later" I shush her

She wiggled her eyebrows "okay"

We started discussing politics,my least favourite topic,once in a while Joshua pipes in. We arrived at ife's home and she was already waiting for us behind the gate dressed in a grey baggy joggers probably ovie's own and a black top tucked in and with a ladle in hand.