chapter six - Movie night

Q

ueenie,the snacks?" Ife shouts from the living room.

"I have my hands full!" I shouts back from the bedroom.

It is Friday and we having movies night,that means junk food.

"I will go get it,you need not to shout" she huffs.

I smile,she can be a pain in the ass sometimes, that's why I love her.

"Are you sleeping or what,the movie is about to start?!" She yells

"Sheesh!, I am not the only one living in this building" I whisper yell back at her.

I was busy adding final touches to my plan.

"Adam Sandler is Sooooo cute!"

"Really,I can never understand how you find goofy guys cute"

The movie is first fifty dates, because of ife's lifelong crush on Adam Sandler,we have watch the movie a dozen times over.
"His replies are hilarious,you are missing o"

"I'm coming"

"Ohh I Soo like this part"

"Did you bring the ice-creams out?" I asks.

"Nahh,bring it on your way down"

"It is in the kitchen"

"Regardless"

I rolled my eyes at her laziness while I went to bring it from my fridge/freezer.
My best ice cream flavour is cookies and cream,Ife finds it disgusting and always eat it,a contrast.
I sat down next to her and hands over her ice-cream,vanilla and chocolate mix.
She paused the movie and turns to me.
"So Rapheal Silva is your boss?!"
She asks incredulously.
Argh,why does she has to bring his name up.

"Yeah,so what?"

"He is fineee fine"

"So?"

"So?!,he is the embodiment of every lady dreams"

"Well not this lady,he is a chauvinist and that cancels everything for me"

"Abeg,all males are closet chauvinist,good examples are the males in both our life's"

Yeah she right, throughout out my life I have been the pampered princess of four Knight plus a king,not literally.They supported my career choice in the beginning but later on became too unladylike for them.which made us have issues and the major reason for the change in location and firm.
Noticing the change in my demeanour.

"Sorry,has your dad called?,no?,don't worry he will get over it some day"

My dad calls Ife everyday to check on both of us cause Ife is also like his goddaughter and since I am not picking any of my brothers calls,they still need daily updates on me.

"Whatever,give me the details of your meeting with THE SILVER"
She changes the topic,bless her heart.

"Again?,I told you already"

"Regardless,how cute is he?,we should look for his pictures online"

"I thought you only like goofy guys not rich obnoxious dudes"

"He is an exception,he is moneyyyy!" She screames when she saw his net worth.

Ife is not a gold digger but she is crazy.

A careless "Whatever" came from my mouth and I went back to my ice cream.

"Yeah,I forgot I am talking to princess paper but regardless"

Sureee i come from old royal money,my dad is the fourth child of a king. But still,I don't touch my trust fund,being an independent woman is my main priority.
"I'm as broke as a church rat,i even don't have money for transport "

"babe,you live a ten minute walk home to work and you forget the part of the world,we are? Church rats are millionaires" we burst into laughter.

"So when am I coming to your workplace?"

"For What?"

"Duhh,I have to make it look innocent as possible,you know"

"Huh?am confused"

"Me meeting Rapheal"

Ife is impossible...*sighs*