chapter seventeen

Him Again?!

WTF?!
"Rapheal?!"
I ask.

"What are you doing here"

He look me over and said
"I should be the one asking you that"

"Well it none of your business sir"

"So you work part-time as a whore,I can see....

He grabs hold of my raised hand intended on slapping him.

"Don't you dare..he growled at me.
...Unless you want a repeat of last time"

He pushes me to the wall and place his hands at the sides of my  head.

"Start talking!"

Wait a minute...this isn't a Romcom.

"Like I said,noneofyourbusiness"

"Ohhh,this is my business cause your part time gig is going to affect the image of my firm if it get to public notice and is it money that you need or what exactly is the reason you are here?"

I kept quiet.

"So that's how you want to play it".

"Being an exotic dancer is an honest job"

"It is just a fancy name for a whore" he spat at me.

He glared at me with fire and hurt in his eyes or am I misreading it.

"Why do you care anyways,oh sorry I forgot,your company image blah blah blah"

"Your insolence is really now unbecoming of your status as an architect but as a cheap prostitute,it fits like a glove"

He leans in and says "To think someone of your double standard held my attention for a minute is disgusting"

Why is he saying such awful words to me,yeah I don't like him but we kissed at least it should mean something.i got angry at him for being able to prick me with those words and got furious with my self for getting hurt by his words.

"And to think that I thought you were the smartest out of the bunch, tsk tsk tsk....
He tightens his hold on my hands
...you are just another dumb rock , who judges a book by the cover"

"Heyy,am not the one who is dressed like that and is in one of the most notorious drug lord in this part of the town"

"So,you know this is home to a man like that and you are here. You shouldn't be worried about my image,you should be worried about yours" I smirk

"What are you doing here for the last time or you should start being worried if come Monday,you are still an architect" he threatens.

"Are you someone's escort?. Answer the damn question!".
He yells.

Ring ring.

Save by the phone.

"Are you going to let me pick the call or not?". I ask him

He releases my arms. I turned and pick the call.

"Hello,where the hell are you at?!"Ife shouts through the phone .

"Where are you?"

"Idiot,answer my question first,I went to the bar and I did not find you,the bartender said he saw you leaving with a snobby dude"

"Ohh yeah,am on the second floor. I found some drugs but I can't find the girl"I whisper into the phone.

"I found the girl,queen it was horrible. And some other incriminating stuffs. Stay right there, am coming to get you"

"Okay,am waiting"

I cut the call and rest my head on the wall. I don't want to turn back and face Rapheal plus am suddenly feeling drained wondering how the assaulted girl is doing.

"Is your sugar daddy coming to get you" he asks in a very low tone .

"Fuck off, Rapheal"

"Is it the money you need,is that the reason why you are doing this job?"he continues in the low tone.

He seriously thinks am an escort.

A door opens.

"Hey,that's my whore,go get yours!!... Mr Cuban cigar yelled....or you can ask nicely and I might share her with ..."

He didn't get to finish the statement before Rapheal punchs him in the throat.

Cuban cigar gurgles and falls on the floor.

"What the hell Rapheal!" I yells at him.

I rush over to try and help Cuban cigar but Rapheal held me back by grabbing my arm.

"So that's your client?" He tightens his hold on my arm

"Ouch,you hurting me asshole" I wince

"Answer the damn question!".

The shrill sound of sirens sounded.
Cuban cigar got up and run. He brush pass Ife.

"Queenie!!" Ife yells.

She rushes over

"Rapheal?!.. She was taken back....how did he?what is he?,huh?!" She was clearly confused.

"So you and your friend... He started

"Shut the fuck up,Rapheal. Ife what happened?"

"The video I sent got response wayy quicker than I expected" she breathes....we have to get the hell out here NOW!"

"The video? response?, Who?" I ask

"Let's first get home" she grabs my hand and turn to start fleeing.

"Do you even know where you are running to?" Rapheal ask

"Uhmm,I think the answer will be outside,away from this crime scene"  i answered in a manner which suggested "duhh"

"I built this place,follow me"

Well we have no choice.

*******************************

Sorry for the late update if anybody is actually reading this book..

Please do vote and comment😩😩...pretty pweaseeees.