chapter thirty nine - The party

The wining and dining continued to mid night.

'my feets are killing me,I sincerely don't know how imisi managed this'

I shifted my weight to my left foot,just another tiny rested tired sore foot.

I was standing next to rapheal,he kept his hand at the curve of my back and took advantage of every chance to rub my bare back given the non existent state of the dress back.

He was discussing with some politicians and one of them made a statement that brought out laughter.
Raphael smiled and caressed my back instead.

'He is being quite handsy'
It didn't go unnoticed by someone,a middle aged white bearded man dressed in white agbada.
'A bit cliche'

He turned towards me with a glint in his eyes and took both my hands.
"And who is this lovely lady. Didn't think you had it in you to replace your capable secretary" he told Rapheal as he covered my hands with his.

"Sorry to inform you but Imisi is neither replaced or fired if you are still thinking about stealing her from me,Senator moniker"

'So this is the famous Senator Seun moniker'
He took his gaze from me to flash a smile at Rapheal.

"I dared not but I hope this lady isn't also your secretary...Raphael smiled.... oh,you rascal. You have employed all the beautiful women"
I beamed at the compliment.
He is famous for his constant string of alleged affairs which makes him the tabloids favourite topic.
Raphael made the introduction and the glint in his eyes got brighter at the sound of my name and career,he is a silver fox no doubt.

"Brains and beauty,a rare combination. You look familiar,recall ever meeting me?" He asked

"No,you will be a hard person to forget"
He gasped and brought our hands to his chest. " What an angelic voice!" He exclaimed.

'Mister senator,you are laying it on a bit too thick now' I mentally rolled my eyes.

"And also a charmer at that,it was a pleasure meeting you,Queen but I must take my leave,I have some business to discuss with Lagos governor. Maybe another time and Rapheal,do bring her to my wife's dinner party"
Raphael gave him a nod and with a last glance at me,he lets go my hands.
'The urge to wipe my hands has never been this great'.

It was hard but I kept my hands politely at my sides.

Brad came over to my side and whispers to me.

"Take this napkin" he winks at me.
I smiled appreciatively.

The host wandered to our group and thankfully the spotlight was off me.

Angela or is it angelique,whatever it is, was the only one at the table. She was busy picking at her food,taking only the salad and still not doing it justice.

I was hungry,sore and tired,haven't had a meal cause no way will this dress not give if I eat a morsel of food.

After some internal debate,I move away from the discussion group and made my way to the buffet. This was way across the room,towards an exit. An idea formed in my head and I made a beeline to the servers.

I approach the part of small chops,the server asked if I would like a serving.

'hell yeah'

My stomach grumbled at the sight of peppered snails,with the torture I put it through,it deserves some.

Armed with my plates of "murder to the dress",I made a beeline for the exit. It led to an empty garden theme area. The space was at the back of the building enclosed by the walls of other buildings,It is an alley that was taken advantage of, a good advantage though.

I sat down on a stone bench that was close to a wall and wiggled a bit to loosen the dress,then dive into the food.

I started with the peppered snails,which was very hot by the way. That made me realise what a dumbass I was.

'Forgot to bring water'

Gasping for breath,a masculine hand placed a cold glass of water down beside me.

I looked up and saw Gbenro.

I stared down at the water and back up at him. He smirked and said "it is not drugged if that's what you are thinking,try it"

'I rather not take a chance in finding that out'

I smiled as way of saying 'thanks but no' and turned back to my food,I dropped the plate of the snails and took some small fried balls of dough as an alternative in alleviating the hot sensation in mouth.

He huffed in disbelief and took a seat beside.

'This bench is way too long'

"See" he took a big gulp of the water and puts it down,a lot closer to me now. "I don't need to drug you to get what I want"

I didn't dignify his declaration with a reply but continued to chew on the small chops.

He leans back on the wall and crossed his arms.
"So you and Rapheal huh. Didn't think you are the type to fuck your way up the ladder but then our first meeting doesn't give a shinning first impression of you"

I took a piece of fried meat and popped it in my mouth.

'Tasty'
I hummed in pleasure.

"An architect by day,a hooker at night" he paused to observe my face and continued "what a waste it will be, if you were a spy. Nice face, gorgeous body and an intelligent brain,you belong on the arms of powerful man and not this or whatever it is you are involved in"

I checked my watch 'enough time for the drug to have taken effect"

I took the glass of water and made eye contact with him over the rim of the glass as I drink.

He glares at me.

I put down the glass at the last sip. I stood up
"Thank you for the water and interesting conversation,it was a pleasure"

I barely took two steps away when he grabbed my hand and proceeds to stand up.

He leans in and whisper to me"whatever part you played in prof's incarceration,I will find out and you better hope to high heavens that Rapheal likes your pussy enough to protect you"

I whirled around and slapped him!.

He raised his hand to his cheeks and smiled.

A really creepy Cheshire cat smile.

**************************************
I know my head needs to be served on a platter for the impromptu MIA I did but it wasn't intentional.

Too long and very emotional the story will be,so let's save our handkerchiefs for today.

This chapter is dedicated to @sarahtope ,thank you💓.