chapter twenty one

Friday morning:

I going to be so late,why didn't I wait for weekend to watch those episodes of 'how I met your mother '.

My cab dropped me in front of the office . There is a meeting scheduled for today.

I rush to my office.
"Good morning"  malik greets cheerfully.

Who spike his coffee. Malik is the guy I share this office with.

"Morning" I answer cautiously.

"You're late"

"I know I know I know!, Hope no one has asked of me"
I dropped my bag,grabbed some file and was rushing to the conference room.

"The meeting has been shifted" malik voice stopped me at the door.

"Oh" a sigh of relief left me.

I drop the files on the table and slouch back on the chair.

"When and why was the meeting shifted?" I ask

" I don't know, mick came to ask of you, then announced that the meeting has been shifted" he shrugs.

"Thank you Lord,cause my brain right now is scrambled and am not feeling quite organized"

"What happened?,or I am not allowed to ask"

"Just overslept" I smile sheepish.

"Oh" he smiles

Lord,forgive my little lie.

2:56

My phone beeps.

"The meeting is scheduled for 3 o'clock"

"Okay,my SMS just came"

"Well we better get going"

The both of us left the office for the conference room.

There are a lot of the people here today,some faces are not quite familiar. I sat down at the left side of the room and malik sat down right next to me.

"Do you guys know why we are here? And I thought it is only a selected few that got notification" Brad ask while glaring at me.

Brad has mellow down a bit after Rapheal called us to his office. Though he stills throws me a dirty look once in a while but nobody has been killed by a dirty look before. So those are just puffing of a wounded cockroach.

"Afternoon" Brian announced as he walks in followed by Rapheal and his secretary.

Rapheal sat down directly in front of me instead of at the end of the room.

"Good day, you are all probably wondering why I called this emergency meeting" some people whispered something.

"Greens firm has expanded since the inception 10 years ago,we own some real estate,a huge slice of Abuja's real estate,have several branches across the continent. But we decided to expanded more"

I knew the firm was a major firm but I didn't know it was this major. It just dawn on me that, these guys are freaking billionaires.

Brian clap his hands and says
"We are officially now allowed to operate as a firm in the states"
That cause clapping and whoops.

"That's means some people are relocating" there was a pin drop silence at that.

"There is currently on going  interview but we will like veterans from the home office to be there also,though not only from here. Other professionals from other branches will be selected as well".

"HR will decide who is the best to be picked"

Human resources,that department is made up of middle age women who dislike everybody,I wondered if they would actually pick anyone from my department.

Though I have passport, I am not excited about leaving the new niche I have carved for my self. I can't even be picked,am a newbie.

Well good luck to whosoever is selected.

"I heard all the ongoing projects are going fine. That's good,we'll have a nice day"

That signifies the end of the meeting"

Everyone stood up to take their leave.

"This is major news" mick whispers to me.

"It's good news" I stated. me,malik and mick made our way from the conference room to  our office.

"Would you like to be picked?" Malik ask me

"Nah,am one of the new guys"

"But you have worked for other firms before and also certified"

"Well there are older architects with more years of experience than me"

"That's true,well I wish to be picked though,get away from naija. Find a whitey to marry" mick says

I rolled my eyes at that.

"I never did ask you though,you are a mulatto?" Malik ask

Mulatto meaning half caste.

"Yes I am"

"Hmm"

"Really?"
Mick ask

"Yep"

"So how about you and me make some little toned babies"

Ewww,the same dipper that dips mary,no thank you. The same old pick-up lines.

"That sexual harassment,mick"malik warns

"It's just a joke though" he laughs it off.

We got to our office and mick  left for his office.
I sighs as sat down.

"He and mary have a thing going on" malik stated.

"Oh"
I feign ignorance

"They think it is secret but the book room testify it's not"

I burst out laughing at that.

*****************************
I hope you like this chapter,you can also vote by clicking that little star button. Thank you.💞💞💞💞