chapter fourteen - A mistake

To say I have been avoiding Rapheal is an understatement,I literally hid under the conference table when I saw him at corridor. What was I thinking, kissing my boss?!.
Luckily,this week has been busy for me cause the site for the hotel project is being prepared for construction,so I had to be on site for the larger part of the day. the prices of taxis are hilariously high,don't even get me started on uber,and also it takes forever to arrive. Thankfully the firm has site vehicles,so I daily take one for the back and forth movement.

But today,the second big project is to be designed,but instead of individual ideas,they made this a collective idea,we are to come up with a concept before the all nighter.
What am afraid of is,the all nighter,how in the world,am I going to successfully avoid him.
"Queen,how is it going?" Brad asks.
Okay what is going on? We verbally fought at the previous nighter,why is he all nice?. I don't trust him.
"Good" I reply cautiously
"Raphael said he is going to late but since we have the client's brief,we should go ahead" emeka says from the corner of the conference room.
Mick and I says "okay"

We were arguing on which concept to use when Raphael walks in.
"What is going on here?" he asks calmly.
"We are debating on which concept to use for the project" Mick replies
"How many do you have?"
"Two actually,Mick and Brad choose.....
I wasn't listening to whatever emeka has to say cause I was busy appreciating how good Raphael looks in casual clothes,he is wearing a navy blue cashmere sweater with black trousers, he looks yummy,eww where did that thought come from!!.
"I think we should go with emeka and Queen's concept"
Hmm,sorry what?
"Queen are you listening?" Raphael asks me slyly when he caught me staring at him.
Okay that's awkward for me.
"Sure,if you feel it's the best"
"Okay we should start now"

Since we started on Thursday,we work through Friday and Saturday,only going home to change and look atleast decent not like a sleep starved zombie that we are.
I kept stealing glances at Raphael which got embarrassing when he caught me a couple of times but can you blame me,he looks good even with only a total of eight hours of sleep within three days.
The project is a museum which is going to have one of it's artifact as a concept.
It has a lengthy brief and research needs to be done,plus a lot of arguments about everything cause everyone thinks their way is better is making the design take this long.

Sunday morning:
I left the common room which I slept in to grab my bag from the conference room,emeka,Brad and Mick are still sleeping.
It's four in the morning and I feel like going home since we have completed the design.
I took my bag from the chair I sat  in and turned to find rapheal at the door,he motioned for me to come. I followed him to his office.
"Close the door"
Ookay, the time of truth has come,I hope he doesn't sack me or make the situation more awkward.

Raphael:
"About the club...
I started only for her to cut in
"I am sorry for causing a scene at your club and am thanking you for saving me"
she says while looking everywhere but me.I don't want your gratitude.
"I'm not talking about that, that was not your fault...
She cuts in again
"Ohh it is my fault and I think both of us can agree that whatever else that happened was a mistake and something not worth mentioning or notice"
I got angry at that,Our kiss was mistake!!.
"Ohh"
I say that cause I am speechless,how dare she say that.
"I knew you will be reasonable,it is not a thing of importance which you probably don't remember anyway"
she says happily
Can she stop talking for me,I keep dreaming of the feel of her soft lips and her taste and she says I probably don't remember!.
"But thanks again,see you on Monday"
she walks out before I could gather my thoughts.
WTF!!

************†*********†*************†**********†**********†***
Please vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter.
💞💞💞