chapter fifteen

Going undercover

"What were we thinking?"
I asked Ife as we were stopped at the gate to a very big mansion. This is a ridiculous idea,we are not cops,What if we get caught!!
"Oh my God!" I panic
"Shhh!!"
she shush me
"Hey ladies" the security man greeted as he leaned on the driver's window.
"Hi" we reply
"How did you ladies hear about the party,cause it all hush hush or are you ladies working?"
Did he just ask us if we are 'call girls,well I can't blame him.
The dress Ife stuffed me in,makes me look like one. The dress is a hot pink leather mini gown paired with lace stockings and matching spiky heeled ankle length boots. Then she did my makeup,winged eye,bloodred lips and my hair being tamed into cornrows to hide under a butt lenghth blond wig, yeah she went over board with disguising me but it is nothing compared to hers. She is on a black leather cat suit complete with the baddie makeup and Titan curly wig. She looks HOT!!
"You ladies are fire,I be in the party around ten,maybe the three of us should see,you know" he smiles at us slyly.
"Sure,see you inside" Ife promise
"Let them through!" The security man yells to the other guards.
We pass through acres and acres of lawn,past a fountain round about and then we saw the house,house is too ordinary a name for the building. It was a mansion,it was painted white with entrance the size of my apartment.
We did not pause at the bellboys but drive through to the marked spots for cars and parked.
"We did not discuss the plan or do we even have one?"
I ask her
"That is your job" she replies
"Seriously?"
She gave me a careless "hmm" as she double checks her makeup in the compact mirror in the hands.
"Does that make sense,I am the one panicking and you think it is better if I made the plans"
She shrugs
"Do you want to get caught or was this a prank!"
She turns to look at me and say
"Do you think I will risk our lives for a prank?.I know you are scared, that is why you are talking like this. It's is better if you make the plans cause I don't think you will remember anything I tell you to do"
No,Ife will never endanger us like this.
"So what do you know about the party?"
I ask her. She bends over to the backseat and brought pictures and some small black boxes,wait those are walkies talkies( are we in a movie?I looked around just in case we are actually in a movie).
"Where did you get those?"
I pointed to the walkie talkies.
"From the detective"
And then she brought out a gun,HOLY SHIT!
"IFE!, whatthefuck!?"
I whisper yell at her.
"What were you thinking?,that we are going in as Dora the explorer,into the jungle and we expect the tigers to give us the baby cause we sang them the 'I love you and you love me' song"
"Well you don't need to be sarcastic about it"
She brings out a wicked looking knife and she stuffs it in my boots.
We took some Martial training when we were both kids cause some assholes were kidnapping kids,so yeah I know hold to use a knife but guns,NO. I don't want to shoot myself instead of the criminal but ife had some training with guns.
She passes over a walkie talkie to me.
"Your phone?"
She is asking for my Android phone.
"I left it at home but I brought along this Nokia"
She gestures for me to put it in her hand.
"Okay what's the plan?"she asks me.
"This is the man,right?"
I points to the lecturer's ugly fat face. She nods yes.
"This is the girl?,so I think we should just ask or look for the lecturer and we will find girl"
I look at the innocent face,she would have gone through pains I can never imagine or wish on some one.
"Do you have the camera ready for the filming of any illegal stuffs we find?"
The camera was a mini camera the size of a thumb.
"Yes"
"Use anymeans to get information,behave like crackhead if you have to,so we will know the supplier or anything"
Ife laughs
"What?" I asks
"You don't drink but you want to behave like a crack head"
"Stop laughing at me, desperate times calls for desperate measures and also it will be acting"
I continue
"As we enter,look for any rich idiot to tag on and glean information from them and we work from that"
"Ok"
"How do these walkies talkies work?".
She started explaining.