chapter twenty three

Ps:this book is not edited,so sorry about the mistakes. But do read and enjoy.

******************************

Hmmmm.

Queen will you open your mouth and say something!.

"Isn't an affair also a relationship?" I ask dumbly

"Wow, really you are going to act like you don't know what I mean"
Rapheal lean back on my red couch and splayed his arm at the back of the couch.

He has such nice arms, focus!!!dummy.

"I mean, an affair is a type of relationship,so you saying you don't want an affair,Okay but we also have the boss and employee relationship going on already like I don't understand"

Jesus! Queenie,Can you just shut up already! My brain says to me.

He tilted his head to stare at me, well if that doesn't make me feel like I'm a butterfly under a microscope,I don't know what will. He opens his mouth to talk but got cut off by his phone. Hell yes,saved by the bell.

"Silva"
he keeps eye contact with me as he answers .

"I am near the office"

"Okay,I'm coming"
He cuts the call and stands up.

"You have to go"

"Yes,some sort of emergency"

"At the office"

"Not exactly"

Okayyy suspicious answers. I stood up.

"Then you should get going,have a nice day".

"Well you don't look very excited to see me off" he says sarcastically.

"I don't want to keep you from important stuff"

I walk him to the door,he looks good even from the back.

"Hmm"

He stops at the threshold of my house and turn to look at me.

"We are going to continue this conversation later" he promise and tugs me for a passionate kiss before he left.

I held a hand to my lips to trace the memory of his lips on mine and watch him go to his car,He wave from his car and drove off.

I sigh as he left. This man is trouble.

Some minutes later,I heard a knock.

Did he forget anything? I rush downstairs to unlocked the door just to see Ife at the door. I hissed and rolled my eyes.
I turn back and went in to sit down on the couch in the exact spot rapheal sat,that made me blush but I quickly covered my face in my hands.

"I said I'm sorry na" Ife whines

"Why are you here?" The muffled question.

"Haba, can't I come to see my bestie"
I uncovered my face and glares at her.

"Queenie,I am very sorry"
She drops the nylon bags she had with her on the table and sat next to me  " I am sincerely sorry, what I did was a bit dumb... I cut in "a bit dumb!" I exclaim

"Okay a lot dumb, it is enormously dumb. I'm sorry na"
She holds my hands and playfully tugs them.

"I bought somethings for you"

She is trying to bribe me but as a good person that doesn't holds grudges I will accept.

"If you are trying to bribe me,it won't work" I have to make her work for my forgiveness abit more though I already forgave her already.

"Noo! Can't I just buy somethings for you cause I love you"

Wait a minute! This is not a bribe for forgiveness but something else.

"What is it?,you don't just suddenly buy SOMETHING for me!" I narrows my eyes at her.

The last time she bought something for me,I was doing 007 like I was one international spy. The way it went so well is still making me anxious like something will happen but it is probably just old jitters.

"Ouch!,You are breaking my heart!" She close her eyes and put  her right hand on her chest and the left on her forehead dramatically like a soap opera actress.

"Cut that shit out. what is it this time?" I snapped at her.

"Nothing!!"
I cross my hands and fixed her a glare. I totally don't believe that nothing in air quotes.

"I really mean it .....my phone rings out and cuts her off,the number is not in my contacts"

"Hello"

"Have you locked your door" rapheal husky voice asks me.

"No" I smile

"You have no concern for your safety,stand up and go lock it"
I roll my eyes at that.

"But Ife is with me" Ife mouths "who is it?" I waved her off and stood up to go lock the door.

"Two females,how very intimidating for a criminal,just go lock the door" I laugh out,Rapheal has such a dry wit.

"What's funny?" He asks

"Nothing" I heard his name being called.

"Have you lock it? "

"Yes sir,I have locked the door"

"Cute but I have to go"

"Okay, bye" He cuts the call.

CUTE!!,eye roll please. How did he even get my number, I'm definitely saving his number as ASSHOLE,I grin at that thought.

"Who was it?"

"Nobody"

"Cool,so people are named nobody now" she says and snatches the phone out of my hands and runs to the kitchen

"Ife!!" I yell and run after her.

"ASSHOLE is now calling you,wait who is asshole?. Rapheal isn't it!" She exclaims " lock your door?,he came here or he slept over!. Bissh you slept with him?,you naughty girl" she held my phone to me,I snatch it back. Ife holds her hands to her chest and say "I am proud of you,you slept with that yummy hunk"

"Eww Ife, I did no such thing"

"So what happened?" She drags me back to the couch.

I told her everything but the second kiss.

"How romantic that he kissed you as he was leaving but you deliberately pull the dumb card on him" this is one of the reason she is my best friend,she knows me.
I laid back and props my head on her thighs.

"Of course,I don't know what to say after my boss asked me to date him just because we kissed a few times"

"A few times?,ohhh! You left out some parts,you this naughty child"
I groan at my slip up.

"Can we just concentrate on the matter "

"So what do you want to do?"
She ask me as she pets my head.

"I sincerely don't know" I sighs.

*****************************
Is it only me or does anyone saves people names as weirdo, asshole, weird this or bling that or whatever I could use to remember whose number it is.

The most I have is: ASSHOLE with wife(it is a long story).Do drop yours.

Pretty please vote and thanks for reading.💞💞💞