chapter eight - silver advice

"Queen,Do you want some coffee?" Mick asks

I glance up from the plan I was looking at,to give him a nod.

It was four in the morning and we spent the whole night coming up with perfect plan befitting the perusal of his lordship Rapheal while he slumbers in his office.

"So you look the same in mornings too" Brad drawls.

"What should she look like?" Emeka asked,he is a cute young looking guy with rim glasses,he is also in the team.

"You know how ladies are,they apply truckload of make up to look like Beyonce and you wake up and find chucky" he says in a careless manner and continues
"Since we have established the fact that you are pretty,how about a date?"

Everyone turns to me to gauge My reaction.
"If you think your reverse compliments and snide remarks will get you a date with me,you are dreaming"

Not to be ever caught off guard,he retorts with
"I came below my beauty standards for females to ask you out and you are not that pretty" Brad threw angrily at me.

Beauty standards for females?!who does this guy thinks he is!.

"I don't need your beauty standards or anyone's to tell me I'm pretty. I know I am which is enough" I smirk.

"So because they gave little kitty a chance to play,she thinks she is a big cat"

"If that's your best insult,you need to up your game man"

There is tension in the room.

"I need to up my game?!, there is no place for you here,kitty".
Veins are popping in his head because Brad cannot take a little taste of his medicine and who insults someone with "kitty"?.
Maybe he has a cat fetish,who knows?.

"Brad,please stop it" Emeka plea fell on deaf ears.

"Oh and where will my place be then?" I asks calmly.

"On your knees" he replys and suggestively stroke his crotch.

Emeka gasps and I burst into laughter.

"The same place your mother was?" I asks innocently.

"Queen!!" emeka gasps.

Brad got mad and stood up

"Brad!!"Mick calls out from the doorway.
I glance over and saw Rapheal and mick...shit!!

"So you had an exchange of words"Rapheal states.

we are currently in his office,it quite tastefully designed with varying shades of gray.

"Are you guys going to have problems working together?" He asks

We both said "NO".

"That's good,mick,you know the rules and what you did can be classified under sexual harassment"

"I sincerely apologize sir"
Brad is apologizing and he looks so terrified,that is a nice look on him.

Rapheal leans forward on his seat and stares at Brad for quite a while and finally say.
"I don't want a repeat,am I understood?"

"Yes sir"

"You can go now"

That's it!? Brad just gets a warning. I turn to go back to the common room and Rapheal stops me

"Queen"

I turn back to look at him and meet his eyes.

"There is something called antagonizing,it is also not allowed in this firm"

" I did not intentionally antagonize him but if I am to apologize for that,it will be insincere"

I am not the antagonist in this matter.

"Hmm" he leans back and gives me a thorough look over
.
"You said there are successful female architects,I know there are and I have been lucky to work with some of the best"

He asks me "do you think your design was good enough for the project?"

"It was not"

"You are wrong, your design was good but the creativity was a bit muted which wasn't the case in Mick's"

"Your design was even better than Mick's and that is why I gave you the chance to correct and learn,but one thing you have to learn is that it is not your gender or whatever idiots says about you that makes you,it is what you envision and create that makes you".

Wow,I am speechless like literally blown away, Rapheal Silva just gave me a silver,sorry golden advice.

*********************************

Do you think Queen is too sassy or did Brad had it coming ?