chapter four - Being a female

"Follow me" the baritone commands,I bristled at his tone but since he somewhat save me,I follow.

" You took forever on climbing those stair though you came early...
"Sorry for interrupting but your secretary took forever on finding my name on the list...
He continues like he didn't hear me
"You arrived 7:30 but the clocking time is 8 o'clock,we are on a big project that's why you met your colleagues early,we all slept here. There is common room we make use of,but you are a female,we don't expect you to feel comfortable sleeping there" he said while raising one eyebrow.
How can a statement sound like a question.
" No,no special treatment for me,I prefer being one of the guys,if it is the common room then it's the common room"
He smiles at that.
"My name is Brian noah"
My boss.

It's been two weeks since I resumed work.
An hectic and chaotic two weeks but it was also fun. After the initial awkward meet with the guys,they have gone out of their ways to make me feel comfortable though now,it feels like they are trying too much.

"Queen!" Brian calles out.

My office next to his and it is the third to the last on the row and I share the office with malik.

Malik is a sober looking individual,he is a civil engineer. Greens architecture has mix of all the professionals in the construction field.

The first office has never been opened since I got here,too spacious to be a closet,not a common room and definitely not the conference room,hmmm.

"Sir"

"There is a document that need to be sealed and stamped on Mary's table,it was just delivered" he said while typing on his laptop.

"isn't Mary at her desk?.Okay,I will go get it"
I have been on secretarial duties instead of an architect's own.

"Where is Mary?" I ask noone in particular.

Well it's nice that she is not here. she is a conversationalist,that is a polite way of saying talkative and a gossiper.
Since she realized that I am not a secretary,she became way too nice,like offering me doughnuts...hmmm,no thank you.

"Hey you" an impatient cool husky voice call out behind me.

I turn back and dammnnn..