forty four

I tossed and turned on the bed,my mind filledd with thoughts.
I must have gone over the lunch's scenario a thousand times over in my mind.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.**
(Back at the the restaurant)
"You think I am a bad person,don't you?" Gbenro states the obvious.

Not quite the obvious but he actually hasn't done anything for him to be classified as that but I can't dispel my guts feelings about him and they are screaming 'RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!'.

He stared at me as he waited for an answer from me.
I gave a non- committal sound and shrugged my shoulders.

He smiled " I like your honest non verbal reponse. You are really different,many would have tried to kiss up to my ass to save their self"

"You haven't threatened me or am I not safe?,oh yes you have!"I said in realization, the incident in the car park with raphael present.

'And he isn't a dangerous person' I mentally grimaced at myself.

"That was then,this is now" he replied so offhandedly that made me burst into a short laugh.
He joined in with a smile of his own.

'nice one Queen,you are here laughing with your potential kidnapper'

"And also I am not a good kisser" I blurt out.
'whutt!!'

He raised an eyebrow at that and I scrambled to correct my mistake " I meant I am not a good ass kisser,i don't suck up to people"

"Hmm,I wonder how long that will hold up. How well do you know Raphael dasilva?"

'Not gonna lie,I have been waiting for him to say some about raphael. They have this I have a bigger stick than you competition going on'

"What do you want to know about him?" I asked him.
He scoffed "oh trust me,there is nothing you want to say that I don't know about him. The real question is do you know him?"

"Hmm,is this a trick question?"
'he is expecting an answer to a question I can't quite understand'

He stared at me and hummed to himself in a silent manner.
'As if sudden enlightenment has descended upon him,a lightbulb moment'

" I thought you will be fucking him by now, interesting" he declared.

The timely arrival of the server cuts off my heated response.
"Here is your order,sir" The server placed spag bologna in front of gbenro.

"Spag really?" I asked sarcastically

"Why not,they offer both local and intercontinental dishes and this is one of their best. This is actually a fact cause I am regular and this here.... He points at the food.... Is the cherry on top,it is called DANBU"
DANBU is just a very tasty, fluffy shredded meat.
I dug into my food since his has arrived,he followed suit and started eating. The conversation was put on hold but after a while,he stopped and took a sip of his water.

Wiping the edges of his mouth with a napkin,he asked "why are you holding out?,I sincerely want to know cause there is a clear as the sky chemistry between you two"
I carried on eating and didn't reply.

"Not that I care though,I'm going to have you regardless of that" The food got lodged in my throat at his declaration,I coughed and hastily grabbed the glass of water to flush down the air restricting morsel.
As I calmed down from my coughing fits,I saw him calmly drinking his KUNU,that got me infuriated.

"I am not a toy that you get to fight over for" I said in a tightly controlled voice "it is very presumptuous of you to think I don't have a say in who I bed. So let me set record straight ,I somewhat helped you in getting the crime boss title or whatever,in turn you will leave me and ife the hell alone" I ended my tirade with my hands waving the air in finality.

"Too slow" he murmured as his gaze shifted from my face to behind.

"Your guards just arrived,late and sloppy" he tsked,I turned to look behind to see my guards looking around, probably searching for me.
" that's bad,there are worse things that can happened to you other than going on a date with me. This is where I take my leave,see you again queen" he stood up and left.

'This is not a date!!'.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Loud banging on my door propelled me from my bed to downstairs but raphael has already entered.

"Raphael" I whispered in disbelief

"What were you thinking?!" He bellowed at me.
I raised my eyebrow at the volume of his voice.
"Are you not going to answer me?"

I made my way to the couch and sat down" I thought it was a rhetorical question"
'he looks good'

"Jesus! Queen,your guards are there to keep you safe from him"

"Oh"

He marched towards me "oh?,that all you have to say?" He pulled me up from the couch

"I left just a couple of weeks and came back to you being chummy with him to the extent of going on a date with him"

"Just a couple of weeks" I murmured

"Is he why you didn't give me an answer?,You wanted to keep your options open.... I jerked my hands away from him,cuts in to say" Are you well?" I gestured to my head to insinuate if he is mentally stable. He reared back but I wasn't done with him "if it is jealousy that made you hurry back,you can take your fucking leave!!" I yelled at him " here I was stupidly waiting for a call or anything else apart from your stupid cold gifts!" I confessed with moist eyes.
His furious gaze soften and he cups my face with his hands.

"So you better.... He shuts me up with a kiss.
He slammed his lips on mine,pulled me closer and onto my tiptoes as his onslaught on my lips continued.

********************************
Next chapter is going to be a mature chapter,this is heads up for those who are not into that sort of thing.

I am updating twice today cause I feel so guilty,which is good by the way.

Don't forget to subscribe,like and comment😂😂😂 lol, this isn't youtube.

But sha please don't forget to vote and comment.
Love you guys so much❣️