Into the Fire

"Where are we?" Y/N asked, having let go of the Triwizard Cup, letting it fall to the ground below. The three were stood in a dark, foggy graveyard, with the shadowy outline of a church barely visible through the mist. On the hillside, a short distance away, Y/N spotted a small, old house which had  vines and ivy trailing up the weathered walls.

"Graveyard," Cedric stated obviously.

"No s***... stay on your guard, I don't like the look of this place..."

"D'you think this is part of the task?" Harry questioned, raising his wand, the same as the others. "We're supposed to find our way back, or something?"

"I dunno," Cedric said. His eyes were darting around the landscape, the feeling of being watched present. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Y/N asked. "Don't joke around, Ced, this isn't the time."

"I'm not joking... I think someone's coming."

"I think I'd know if-" Cedric hissed at him to be quiet as a figure emerged from the fog, coming from the church. The person didn't stop when they spotted the three boys, nor did they seem to care as they continued their walk through the graveyard, heading directly towards them. They couldn't see the person's face, but it seemed as if they were carrying something in their arms - a child, perhaps. But whoever they were, they were short and wearing a hooded cloak pulled up over their head so their facial features weren't visible in the dim light given off by the three Hogwarts champions' wands.

They all lowered their wands slightly, not wanting to hurt a child. Cedric glanced at Y/N, as he did the same, giving each other looks of complete confusion. The figure stopped beside a large, towering marble headstone, only about six feet away from them. No words had been spoken, leaving them all with an eerie feeling in their stomachs. Y/N felt the eyes of the person stare into his own, as if searching through him for some unknowable treasure.

Y/N and Harry suddenly collapsed as an immense pain exploded within their scars.

"Y/N!" Cedric exclaimed, dashing over to his fallen brother. Y/N kept a tight hold on his wand as the pain grew and grew, his eyes clouding over as his head spit in two.

"Kill the spare." The voice came from the figure's arms.

"Cedric... run!" Y/N pleaded.

"Not without you," Cedric argued, standing up and preparing himself for the spell he knew would come. And come it did.

"Avada Kedavra!" The figure spat, sending a jet of green light shooting off towards Cedric.

"No!" Y/N yelled, ignoring the pain in his head and tackling his brother to the floor. The Killing Curse smashed into and destroyed a small grave three feet from their heads. "Constant vigilance!" Y/N said, despite the situation. He turned and shot a barrage of spells at the stranger, causing them to hide behind the headstone. Harry was still struggling on the floor in agony, clutching at his scar and scratching at it, attempting to tear it off. "Cave Inimicum! Stay here, Ced!"

Cedric's body disappeared, but his voice could still be heard as he tried to argue with Y/N, wanting to help.

"No, Ced! Stay here, you'll die otherwise, and I can't let that happen."

"That's not up to you!" Cedric fought back.

"Petrificus Totalus! I'm sorry, Ced, but it is now..." Cedric laid still inside the small bubble of invisibility Y/N created. The eldest Potter returned to the small area that they had landed, to find that Harry had been slammed against a headstone with the name, Samuel Moreno, engraved upon it.