T. M. Riddle

For several long weeks, Hermione was trapped in the Hospital Wing. Y/N visited her every day with stacks of homework, at her request of course. They would talk and laugh as Y/N tried his best to replicate the lessons she had missed. It involved a lot of bouncing on his toes and waving his hands in the air which Hermione couldn't help but giggle at.

Harry and Ron would come around occasionally, but were too busy trying to understand anything that was going on in Defence Against the Dark Arts. Lockhart had brought Harry and Y/N to the front of the class to demonstrate the movements of a yeti, which was pretty much them walking normally as they waved their arms around.

This time when Y/N arrived at the Hospital Wing, there was a flickering light emitting from the bin next to Hermione's bed.

"What's going on in there?" Y/N asked the annoyed looking Hermione.

"Professor Lockhart sent me a Get Well Soon card..." she replied.

"I understand. Were there any love hearts on there?"

"Its Lockhart, what do you think?"

"There were about ten on the front, and the inside was full of glitter?"

"Close enough."

Y/N dropped a pile of papers onto Hermione's bedside table and sat at the edge of her bed.

"You alright?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just really want to get out of this place, I've been here long enough... I'm pretty sure I won't need to be in here anymore this year."

"Let's hope. Madam Pomfrey told me that you should be out of the Hospital Wing this week."

"Yes! I've missed being with you... and Harry and Ron of course!"

Madam Pomfrey came over to the bed and ushered Y/N out of the Hospital Wing so she could give some medicine to Hermione. Y/N was headed back to the Gryffindor common room to meet up with Harry and Ron when an angry yell was heard from around the corner.

It was Filch, raging over the flood that was protruding from beneath the door to Myrtle's bathroom.

"Even more work for me! Mopping all night, like I haven't got enough to do! No, this is the final straw, I'm going to Dumbledore!" Filch yelled to no one. He stomped around the corner and caught sight of Y/N stood there innocently. "You! This is your doing, isn't it?"

Filch went to grab onto Y/N's arm and take him away, but Y/N whipped out his wand.

"Confundo!" Y/N cast on Filch, whose face scrunched up in confusion as to why he was holding onto him.

"What was I just doing?" Filch muttered.

"You were going to complain to Dumbledore about your immense workload."

"Ah, yes... that's right," Filch said as he retracted his hand from Y/N's forearm. He stomped off up to the seventh floor leaving Y/N at the crime scene.

Harry's words rang in his head like an alarm. "Split up and search for clues, gang."

Y/N walked into the corridor where Mrs Norris had been strung up like a piñata and the words had been written on the wall. Water was flowing from beneath the door to Myrtle's toilets and stretched to each end of the hallway. Y/N had to pull his robes up so they weren't trailing in the water.

Now that Filch's angry echoes had retreated down the corridors, Y/N could clearly hear Myrtle weeping from within the girls' bathroom. He pushed the door open slowly and called out her name sympathetically.