Dursley's Residence

Y/N Potter woke to the bashing of his and Harry's shared cupboard door. A lot of things Y/N had was also shared with Harry, one thing for example would be his small cot he was laying in, in the comforts of their cupboard under the stairs.

Both tried to clamber over each other to get into the hallway first, mainly because they knew what was coming. That was due to the fact that they have been in this hell-like routine for as long as they could remember. What was coming was Dudley Dursley bouncing down the stairs purposefully to get dust and wood chippings to fall onto Harry and Y/N's faces.

But today was a special day, for today was Dudley's birthday, which called for him to take his journey down the stairs twice causing a lump of dust and debris to form on Harry's raven hair.

Y/N and Harry were twins, who were now nearing the glorious age of 11. Why is it 'glorious' you ask? Well that's the thing, they don't quite know yet.

Harry was small and skinny for his age, probably the down side of living in a cupboard with little-to-no food.
Y/N was slightly taller, though not by much, and was skinnier because of him rationing off some of his rarely gotten food to Harry, being the overprotective older brother and all that. Y/N was born 8 minutes before Harry and always loved to bring it up every now and then.

Harry wore round glasses which covered his bright-green eyes and most of his thin face, while Y/N had E/C eyes, no glasses/ a pair of circular glasses, and H/C hair. But the most prominent feature of both boys' faces was no natural phenomenon, but a lightning bolt shaped scar on their foreheads which they liked to cover with their hair as they were told time and time again that all it did was draw unwanted attention.

Neither remembered how they got the same scar, but were told by their Aunt Petunia that they got it, "In the car crash when your parents died," and they left it at that, no questions asked. They weren't particularly allowed to ask many questions in the Dursley household, the only ones they could get away with it would be when they asked if the family wanted one or two sugar cubes in their tea.

Y/N and Harry both climbed out of their cupboard and began making full English breakfasts for the family, along with cups of tea for the adults, Dudley had what Y/N and Harry both believed to be pure sugar in liquid form, and a slice of bread and butter to share between them.

"How many are there?" Dudley spoke referring to the total number of presents piled in front of him, all scattered across the room in vastly differing sizes.

"Thirty seven, counted them myself," Uncle Vernon said cheerily and with a smile which soon faded as Dudley's scowl grew and grew.

"Thirty seven, THIRTY SEVEN, but last year, last year I got thirty eight!" He stumbled over his words at his pure fury of not getting enough presents, while Harry and Y/N were sitting on a grand total of zero presents total for 10 years, most likely a world record. They didn't mind it though, they had yet to know what getting gifts would feel like.

"Well when we go out later today we'll buy you another two presents. How's that, popkin?" Aunt Petunia chimed in, desperate to keep her little Dudders happy.

Dudley froze for a moment and you could see the veins throbbing in his head as he tried to work out this difficult equation. "Thirty... Thirty..."

"Thirty nine, Dudders!" Y/N called, "I see that maths tutor you have is working wonders."

"OUT! OUT, GET TO YOUR ROOM!" screamed Uncle Vernon in a blind rage, flinging his newspaper up into the air as he stood to his full height, which was barely taller than Y/N. Vernon pointed one of his big, scruffy fingers towards Y/N's chest and said, " I'll deal with you later..."