Gryffindor V Hufflepuff

Now that the holidays were over, lessons were hitting harder than ever, and Quidditch practise had started up again with four sessions a week instead of three. Harry and Y/N had both started having similar dreams of their parents falling dead in a flash of green light, the only difference between these nightmares was the fact they were watching on from different parts of the room.

Harry described his location as facing the door from its opposite, while Y/N was located to the right of his dying mother. Always the same places. They were yet to tell anyone, including Ron and Hermione, about their vivid dreams in hopes that they would just go away after a few more showings of "How The Potters' Normal Lives Ended'.

Hermione had already started berating Y/N and Harry on sneaking out after dark. But Y/N thought her response may have been different if they had actually found something on Nicolas Flamel.

"I can't believe you did that Y/N, I thought you had more sense then that! And Harry, why on Earth would you keep going back to that Mirror of Desire to see your parents?"

Harry just gave a weak shrug to brush off the question. Harry flicked his eyes to Y/N, silently telling him if she doesn't stop he'll slip out his secret.

"Hey Hermione!" Y/N blurted out as quick as he could. "We should probably head to the library before classes begin."

Hermione nodded and grabbed his hand, dragging him along to the library. They had been there for a couple minutes when Y/N suddenly stopped. He had an idea.

"Hermione!"

"Sshhhhhh," came from all areas of the room. Hermione bustled over to
Y/N carrying three books on anything and everything in her arms.

"What?" she whispered.

"I've had an idea," Y/N told her. "What if we're searching in the wrong places. Think about it, only two people know what's past that dog, Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel, what if we research Dumbledore and see if Nicolas' name pops up?"

"That's a great idea!" Hermione said to a chorus of 'sshhh' from around the room. She took her three books back and returned with a book on Dumbledore's achievements to date. Y/N and Hermione shared a booth and began flicking through the pages searching for the name.

Finally, they came across Nicolas Flamel, who they now knew was Dumbledore's partner in alchemy, and read that he was a treasured and sought after wizard who made many advancements in potion making and the like. But the most noticeable of his works, was a stone that had legendary powers. It could transform any metal into pure gold. It could also produce the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. The Philosopher's Stone.

Nicolas himself had used its powers for a very long time, making him have a long life now at the age of 665. With his wife, Perenelle, nearing the same old age. Y/N couldn't bare to imagine living that long, seeing all of his friends and family grow old and die before you would be tragic. He'd much rather die first than any of his friends, or Harry, but then Hermione's voice popped into his head. 'But Y/N, that's selfish!'

Hermione grabbed a day-dreaming Y/N's hand and dragged him out of the door, still clutching onto the book with the infamous Nicolas Flamel's name in. They took themselves back upstairs to tell Harry and Ron about their discovery.

"Thank God, we don't have to look for him in those stupid books anymore!" Ron sighed happily at the thought. "So that must be what's under the trapdoor, mystery solved! Now did you hear that Snape is refereeing your next match Y/N?"

Y/N jumped out of his seat and yelled, "WHAT!?" causing the common room to be quiet and turn their attention to Y/N. He just laughed awkwardly and the other Gryffindors returned to their idle muttering. "Why would Snape all of a sudden want to referee the next match?"