Retelling the Tale

Dumbledore bound Barty Crouch Jr, doing so with a look of absolute disgust on his face. Snape was unreadable at the moment, staring down his crooked nose at the man before him. Hermione had gripped onto Y/N's shirt throughout the entire speech, not letting the severity of it all bring down her happiness that Y/N had survived.

"Minerva," Dumbledore began calmly, while looking a thing but. "Could I ask you to stand guard here while I take Y/N and Miss Granger upstairs?"

"Of course," she answered, looking as if she might pass out.

"Severus, please tell Madam Pomfrey to come down here. We need to get Alastor Moody into the Hospital Wing. Then go down into the grounds, find Cornelius Fudge, and bring him up to this office. Tell him I will be in the Hospital Wing in half an hour's time if he needs me." Snape nodded, flicked his cloak, and swept out of the room. "Y/N?"

Y/N stood up, after Hermione lifted herself off him, only to find that his injuries had caught up to him. The room span around him and his legs felt like jelly. The faces of those around his own were distorted and fuzzy, and the floor looked as if it was twenty feet below him and getting further away every second.

Hermione grabbed his arm as he fell, making him let out a scream of pain as her fingers dug into the cut Pettigrew had made back at the graveyard. She pulled her hand back immediately, letting Y/N smack onto the wooden floorboards.

"I'm so sorry!" Hermione exclaimed, realising what she had done.

"Don'.... don't worry about it..." Y/N said slowly, grasping at his arm as he rested his head against the floor. He slowly started choking and coughing as bubbles formed in the corners of his mouth.

"You may find that his water, had more than just a Calming Draught in it..." Crouch laughed maniacally.

"What have you done?" Dumbledore gasped. He raced to the discarded goblet and put his nose at the rim. The Headmaster pulled his head back almost immediately and tapped the edge of the cup, turning the liquid from a clear colour, to a light, lime green. "Snake venom..."

"Ha! Yes... you see, only the greatest minds have a plan B for everything. Slow acting, but deadly. He'll be dead in less than a minute, depending on the strength of the snake I retrieved it from."

"Albus... whatever shall we do?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Get Snape!" Hermione pleaded, hugging Y/N's body close to her, trying her best to clean the bubbles away from his mouth, although it did nothing to help. Tears flooded her features as she pulled Y/N's head onto her lap, rocking him gently. "He has to have an antidote somewhere! He's the Potions Master!"

Dumbledore ran off, with surprising speed, disappearing out of the office and classroom and coming back within five seconds. Hermione was dumbfounded.

"How did you-?" Hermione went to ask.

"Open his mouth, Miss Granger!" Dumbledore ordered, falling to his knees beside the Potter brother. Hermione pulled open his mouth, crying as she saw the life slowly leaving her boyfriend's eyes as he jerked and thrashed around on the floor and her knees.

Dumbledore shoved, what looked like a black stone, into Y/N's mouth, and forced him to swallow it. His convulsing stopped and his arms went limp. Hermione smacked a hand to her mouth as his breathing stopped, sobbing loudly. A moment of deafening silence, and Y/N gasped for breath, sitting upright and holding a hand to his chest.

Hermione instantly engulfed him in a hug, as the two Professors sighed in relief. Barty Crouch let out a yell of anger and tried to throw himself at Y/N, using all his strength to move with the ropes Dumbledore had bound him with. He had barely fell to his stomach before Professor McGonagall kicked him in the face, as if she was trying to kick a rugby ball through the goal posts. Blood splattered the floor as Barty collapsed, falling limp to the wooden floorboards.