Manky Old Boot

Y/N woke up to find Hermione's head resting on his chest, the usual position he would wake up to find her in. It was like her head would just gravitate to that spot in her sleep. Like she claimed it as her own.

He kissed the top of her head, making her start to stir.

"Morning, beautiful," Y/N said.

"Morning, Love," Hermione yawned. "Oh, wait, oh no. Morning breath, give me a second."

"Hermione, no, don't. I couldn't care less. You're perfect the way you are," Y/N said tugging her back into the bed. "But I'm going to get washed, so you stay right there."

"No! Stay here..." Hermione adopted some puppy dog eyes. "Please. I'm cold..."

Y/N smirked as he climbed on top of Hermione. She thought she had won, but Y/N just started tickling her sides, making her squeal.

"I'm getting washed, Babe." Y/N said, as Hermione regained her breath. She sighed deeply, but signalled for him to go.

As Y/N closed the door to the bathroom, he caught sight of Hermione slumping against the pillow again and closing her eyes.

Once he was done in the shower, Y/N stepped back into the room to see Hermione fast asleep again. He smiled at her face, and how her arm kept trying to reach out for the body that was no longer next to her.

"Ready, Twig?" Y/N asked the Bowtruckle on his bedside cabinet. Y/N used his Legilimency abilities to sense what Twig was thinking. "Good. Jump in."

Y/N held open his pocket and Twig jumped up inside. They went downstairs, and found Mrs Weasley cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

"Oh, hello, Y/N. I hope you kept your promise."

"Yes, we did Mrs Weasley. I'm going to go out on a run, but I'll be back in twenty minutes."

"All right, dear, I'll keep some toast ready for you when you get back."

"Thanks, Mrs Weasley."

()()()()()

Hermione slowly woke to the feeling of emptiness next to her. The shadow of where Y/N once slept still present on the mattress. Oh, how she wished it could have lasted longer. It was the best feeling in the world, sleeping with him, his muscular abs being the best pillow she could ask for. The slow rise and fall of his chest easing her to sleep, and the quiet beat of his heart promising peaceful dreams throughout the night.

She was about to pull herself from her duvet when Mrs Weasley opened the door with what looked like a pair of cymbals. She started bashing them together, creating a loud crashing sound to erupt from them.

"Wake up! Wake up! Or you're going to be late!" Mrs Weasley yelled.

Ginny groaned, rolled over and threw one of her shoes at the door. Mrs Weasley ducked under it and ran off before the other shoe could connect with her head. Ginny pulled herself out of the bed and collapsed onto the floor, before shooting up with her eyes widened.

"Oh, it's okay... Y/N's not here..." Ginny said, her calm features taking over the panic on her face.

"Why would that matter?" Hermione yawned.

"Erm... no reason. Dibs, first go in the bathroom!"

Before Hermione could question the red headed girl anymore on the subject, she had dashed off into the next room and slammed the door. Hermione collapsed back onto the bed, sighing in annoyance... 'She better not still have those feelings for Y/N!'