Norbert

End of year tests were nearing and Hermione was basically pulling her hair out in anxiety. She was almost always locked up in the library with
Y/N while Harry and Ron enjoyed their ten weeks left. If she wasn't in the library, then she would have brought her books to the table or elsewhere.

Hermione had even tried to get Harry and Ron involved by drawing them revision time tables with a ten minute break at lunch. Y/N didn't need one since he had already drawn one up for himself, he was taking these tests almost as seriously as Hermione was. He was constantly in the library with her, studying, making notes, highlighting important texts and researching wand techniques. These tests would decide whether or not they could continue on in Hogwarts or would have to look for education elsewhere.

Ron and Harry came in one day to attempt to drag them both out into the sun. Harry took Y/N's arm and tugged while Ron just tried to reason with Hermione.

"Come on, Hermione, the exams are ages away," he pleaded, not necessarily bothered whether Hermione came, hut knowing if Hermione didn't come then neither would Y/N.

"Ten weeks!" Hermione stated to an explosion of 'SSHH' to come from Madam Pince. "That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel."

"But we're not six hundred years old," Ron reminded her with his voice almost begging. "Anyway, what are you two revising for? You already know it all."

"What are we revising for?" Hermione snapped at him and stood up. Y/N grabbed her hand to calm her down and she sat back in the seat. "You realise we need to pass these exams to get into second year? They're very important. I should have started studying months ago." She turned to Y/N and asked, "Why didn't you remind me?"

Y/N stuck his hands up in defence. "Hey. Don't blame me, I started revising the same time as you did."

As the weeks went on, more and more homework was piled onto their already full timetables. It seemed the teachers were thinking along the same lines as Hermione as they worked their classes harder and harder.

With around five weeks left to go till the exams began, Harry and Ron finally caved and decided to join the two in the library. Ron grew tired of it quickly while Harry was really trying to understand. Y/N and Hermione had started testing each other on their revised subjects to get them down perfectly, while Ron had found another reason to procrastinate. That being staring off into space and imagining himself as Head Boy and Quidditch Captain, as he had seen in the Mirror of Erised before Dumbledore had it moved.

"What is the incantation for the leg locker curse?" Y/N asked Hermione one evening.

"Locomotor Mortis," she answered correctly.

"I'll never remember this," Ron complained, throwing the book he was revising from down on the table. He looked up from the book, which had fell open, and spotted a giant in a moleskin overcoat shuffling awkwardly around the library. "Hagrid! What are you doing in the library?"

Hagrid shuffled into view from the section he was looking in, and hid a book behind his back. He looked like he was too large to be in such a public place as the library, and he was acting really strange when he greeted the four.

"Jus' lookin'," he said shiftily, peaking their interests. Anything really to drag their attention from studying would have done. "An' what're you lot up ter? Yer not still lookin' for Nicolas Flamel, are yeh?"

"Oh, we found out who he is weeks ago," Hermione began.

"And we know what Fluffy's guarding, it's the Philosopher's Sto-" Y/N tried to finish before being shushed by Hagrid who looked frightened Y/N had said to much in an open environment.