Soul Snatchers

Sirius ducked into the tunnel first, with Harry and Y/N coming in next. Hermione went in after Y/N, taking his hand into hers. Then came Lupin, Pettigrew and Ron, who all had to sidestep through the tunnel so they could all fit. The last to enter was the floating form of Professor Snape, bashing his head against the ceiling. Lupin gave an odd chuckle as he lowered the Potions Master down.

"You know what this means, Harry?" Black asked. "Turning Pettigrew in?"

"Y/N said that you'll be free." Harry said. Y/N rushed forward, towing Hermione along with him, at the mention of his name.

"Yes... but I'm also... I don't know if anyone ever told you both... I'm your godfather."

"We know." Y/N said. "We overheard some Professors and the Minister talking about it."

"Well... your parents appointed me your guardian, if anything happened to them..." Sirius said slowly. "I'll understand, of course, if you want to go back to your aunt and uncle. But... well... think about it. Once my name's cleared... if you wanted a... a different home..."

"You want us to come live with you?" Y/N asked. "Be free of the Dursleys?"

"Of course, I thought you wouldn't want to. I understand. I just thought I'd..."

"Are you mad?" Harry interrupted. "Of course we want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can we move in?"

"You want to!?" Sirius said, happiness clear in his creaky voice. "You mean it?"

"Of course we mean it!" Y/N said.

Sirius' face broke into a large smile. They didn't talk again until they had reached the end of the passageway. Crookshanks and Ella went forward and pressed the knot on the tree, slowing the tree down to a stop. Sirius climbed out and breathed in the fresh air. They all clambered out behind him, Y/N giving Hermione a little helping hand.

"One wrong move, Peter," Lupin said threateningly. He pushed Pettigrew across the grounds

Y/N and Hermione walked behind the group, hand in hand.

"So, if you're not at the Dursleys, does that mean I can visit you during the holidays?" Hermione asked, teasingly.

"Merlin, I hope so. I can't see myself making it through until September without you around." Y/N said. "I can't wait to see the look on the Dursleys' faces when me and Harry don't come back for the second year in a row."

"You should really report them, you know?"

"I tried. Dumbledore doesn't seem to care about it. All he says is that we have to go there... well, until my birthday."

"That's good at least. But you don't have to worry about that anymore, if Sirius gets released."

"When."

"When what?"

"You said if, Sirius is going to be a free man, Babe."

Lupin had suddenly frozen in front of the couple. Ron and Pettigrew were forced to stop next to him. Both of them were looking at him with fear, Peter more so. The Professor had been exposed to the moonlight, which had just peeked around a cloud. Lupin started shaking violently.

"Oh my..." Hermione gasped. "He didn't take his potion tonight! He's not safe!"

"Run," Sirius breathed. "Run! Go, now!"

Hermione sprinted away, but Y/N let go of her hand and raced forward.

"Y/N! What are you doing!?" Hermione cried.