The Hogwarts Express

Harry and Y/N both actually enjoyed their last month with the Dursleys before term began. This being because none of them knew that they didn't actually know how to do any magic yet. So their days were spent sitting in their room, for Y/N, it was reading through his books, while Harry enjoyed playing around with his new snowy owl which he called Hedwig.

Then came the last day of August, the day before they had to board the train to Hogwarts. Harry and Y/N played a game of rock, paper, scissors to decide who would be the one to ask Uncle Vernon for a lift to King's Cross station the next day. Of course Harry lost, Y/N could always read him like a book.

Harry took a slow walk down the stairs to the living room where the Dursleys were all sat watching TV, unaware of the boy coming up behind them. Harry cleared his throat. The next thing Y/N knew from upstairs was that Dudley had screamed and sprinted away as fast as he could, falling on the stairs in his horror.

Harry came back upstairs a few minutes later to tell Y/N the good news. The Dursleys were heading into London anyway so the twins could just hitch a ride in the back, and by back, he meant Y/N was taking another journey in the trunk of the Dursleys' car.

()()()()()

Both Harry and Y/N woke early on the morning of September 1st, they've never been this excited for something before in their lives, not even when they saw that Dudley had to change classes in Primary School because he wasn't meeting the teachers' expectations. They got dressed, packed their trunks, snuck downstairs to grab a little food for themselves and their pets, and Y/N went back to reading through his school textbooks, as he usually did.

Two hours later, the boys' heavy trunks were packed into the Dursleys' car, and they were off. Harry in the backseat next to a fearfull Dudley, and Y/N squished in the boot with the trunks and junk the Dursleys had brought for their outing in London. Some of the stuff Y/N knew for a fact they didn't need, and just threw in there to make it as uncomfortable as possible.

Half past ten came around and the car finally pulled into a stop in the King's Cross car park. Y/N crawled out of the boot of the car and stretched his back, receiving three loud cracks from his spine. Harry and Y/N swung their trunks onto trolleys and carried their pet cages under their arms, and entered the station with the Dursleys trailing slowly behind. When they came across platforms 9 and 10, Uncle Vernon grew a nasty grin on his face.

"Well there you are boys. Platform 9 - Platform 10. Yours should be somewhere in the middle. But it doesn't seem to have been built yet. Good luck!" Vernon said as he began walking away, cackling to himself softly, as Petunia and Dudley followed. He was right, there was no hint as to where Harry and Y/N could board the Hogwarts Express. No sign saying 9¾, and nobody walking around with magic wands sticking out of their pockets, only train tickets or a loose pair of gloves.

That was until Y/N overheard a large family of red heads bustling past the people in the busy station. " - Packed with Muggles, of course - ". Y/N tugged at Harry with his free arm and pointed at the group, and began to follow them in order to catch up.

The speaker was a plump woman , and was talking to four boys, all with flame-like red hair. All of them were pushing trolleys in front of them with old, battered trunks on, just like Y/N and Harry.

"Why are we following these people?" Harry whispered urgently, tugging on Y/N's arm to stop him from harassing a group of red heads.

"Muggles!" Y/N hissed back.

"Then surely we should look for some wizards!" Harry whispered, eyeing the people near him, hoping they just brushed off the fact they were talking about 'fictional' beings.