Grim Skies

Y/N and Hermione made their way down to the Great Hall with a dozen unanswerable questions in their heads. How did Y/N get cut and not notice? How did that note get in there? What did it all mean?

But they were cut off from their thoughts when they entered the hall to find hundreds of students all from different houses. Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were excitedly talking to the Gryffindors, trying to find out the reason as to why they had all been ordered to go to the Great Hall. The Slytherins, on the other hand, seemed to be bored, sat in a group at the edge of the room.

Some students were sat on their own, scribbling letters and sending them off to their families. As soon as the doors closed behind Y/N and Hermione, all eyes fell on them. Without warning, everyone, minus the Slytherins, rushed to Y/N and began questioning him about Sirius Black and their chase.

It ended with Hermione pulling Y/N out of the horde of intrigued students to Harry and Ron, who were waiting for an explanation of their own. Y/N had just finished explaining it for the fourth time when the doors to the Great Hall swung open once again to reveal Dumbledore.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," he announced, calming the confusion radiating from the three other houses. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately. Send word with one of the ghosts." Percy looked immensely proud of himself at the moment, as the staff walked around the large room closing all the doors and windows. Professor Dumbledore paused as he went to leave the hall. "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

He swiftly flicked his wand and the four long tables flew away to the edges of the hall, above the students' heads, and placed themselves neatly down on the floor. He flicked again, and the floor was covered in variously coloured sleeping bags in neat rows.

"Sleep well," Dumbledore said as he left the hall with the rest of the teachers.

The students immediately started chattering about Black's unnoticed entrance to the castle.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" Percy ordered. "Come on now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"C'mon," Ron said, leading them to four free sleeping bags together. Hermione picked up hers and moved it as close to Y/N's as possible.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione asked.

"I doubt it. I chased him outside, before he disappeared. He's probably hiding out in the Forbidden Forest somewhere." Y/N answered.

"Its very lucky that he picked tonight, you know," she continued. "The one night we weren't in the tower..."

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run." Ron said. "Didn't realise it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here."

They all laid down in their sleeping bags, Harry and Ron propping themselves up on their elbows, while Hermione used Y/N's chest as a pillow. All around them, people were trying to figure out how he got into the castle. Some theories were very wild, while others seemed like they could work. Hermione got angered when people kept saying that Black had apparated onto the school grounds.

"Honestly, am I the only person who's ever bothered to read Hogwarts, A History?"

"Probably," Ron said. Harry hid a laugh from the girl as she explained what she had read.

"Because the castle's protected by more than just walls, you know. There are all sorts of enchantments on it, to stop people entering by stealth. You can't just apparate in here. And I'd like to see the disguise that could fool those Dementors. They're guarding every single entrance to the grounds. They'd have seen him fly in, too. And Filch knows all the secret passages, they'll have them covered..."