17 - meeting them

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, NIGHT

PHONE CALL

❤️
(answer) (decline)

Hey, oppa!
Oh, hello. How's your day?
It's great. I miss you so much.
Oh me too~ It's kinda late now, are you still working?
Not really, just finished washing up. I'm getting ready for bed. How about you, oppa?
I just got home. So much traffic because we came from a far place today.
Oh, you should rest as soon as you get home, okay?
Yes~ You sound like my mother
Eyy, oppa...
HAHAHA! You're so cute, Eun Ji ah.
Say... You didn't told me that your birthday's coming up.
Ah...
I feel betrayed, oppa.
You... Didn't even asked me.
Ah W-What? Is that so...
Yeah... But yeah, my birthday's coming this Friday. Oh and speaking of my birthday... Do you wanna have samgyupsal with me on Friday? I am planning to bring some of my closest friends over. They wanted to meet you since I told them a lot about you.
Really? You told your friends about us too?
Yeah. Don't worry, I trust them more than they trust me. They will help us stay away from any mess.
I-Is that so?... Then, sure, I'll come with you after work.
For real? That's great.
It's oppa's birthday, after all.

———

AHN EUN JI'S POV
Friday came. I finished getting ready for work wearing a white turtleneck and a brown skirt and even topped it witth a long khaki coat.

When I got to the school, I headed straight to our connected office and saw Jae Suk reading a newspaper.

"Oppa!" I happily (and quietly) called him and closed the door of the office. I then walked to his desk and hugged him real tight. "Happy birthday, oppa."

He hugged back and said, "Thank you, Eun Ji ah."

I looked at him without letting the hug go and gave him a peck, smiling afterwards. "I love you, Jae Suk oppa."

He got shy and blushed, "I-I love you too... Eun Ji ah."

Then I heard the office door opened. Because of how shocked I was, I quickly pushed Jae Suk oppa away from me, making him fall on the floor.

"Is Miss Ahn--" Hae Il oppa came in and saw me.

"Ah Miss Ahn, Mister Gong needs you at his office before class starts." He continued and suddenly saw Jae Suk on the floor.

"Oh Sir Yoo. Are you o--" I cut him off.

"Okay, okay, I'll be there. Go back to the faculty." I commanded him and he nodded, leaving the office with the door closed.

"Omo, oppa, are you alright?" I asked him and helped him get up.

"Ah yeah I'm fine." He said and chuckled.

"I'm sorry, oppa. You got hurt on your birthday. I'm so sorry." I kept apologizing him and he then hugged me.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm fine, Eun Ji ah."

I looked at him and pouted. He then smiled and said, "My birthday's already complete with you." He then kissed me out of nowhere, making me close my eyes and kiss back.

It took a while but we both let go, catching our breaths and smiling at each other. "Happy birthday, oppa." I told him and hugged him.

———

After work, we both head to his car when almost everyone else went home and he drove to where we will meet his friends.

Hoo, I'm suddenly nervous about this. I don't even use the TV that much in my house, what if they're all celebrities and ask me about them?

We arrived to a samgyupsal restaurant named 401 restaurant. Jae Suk said that he borrowed the whole place for this night from his friend so we quickly went inside together so no one from outside will notice.

When we got inside, everyone looked at us and started cheering. "There's Yoo Jae Suk!"

"Happy birthday!" All of them agreed and greeted him together.

"Thank you, everyone." Jae Suk thanked them. While I was all quiet, I counted the amount of people in the restaurant and there are a total of 7 people, two girls and five guys. With Jae Suk, it makes 8 in total.

"Oh everyone, I want you to meet Ahn Eun Ji, my girlfriend. Eun Ji ah, meet my friends." Jae Suk then introduced me to them with his hand holding mine.

"Hello." I smiled at them.

"Hi"
"Hello there!"
"She's finally here!"
"Omo you're so pretty!"

A muscular guy approached me first and shake my hand, "Hello, I'm Kim Jong Kook. It's nice to meet you."

"Ah it's nice to meet you too."

"Hi there, Eun Ji ssi." A very tall guy greeted me and bowed at me too. "I'm Lee Kwang Soo. Please take a seat beside Jae Suk hyung." He kindly told me and I did sat beside Jae Suk afterward.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name is Song Ji Hyo. Jae Suk oppa told a lot about you." The pretty woman greeted me too. Wait, is she the ome Lee Dae Won always say about?

"Wow, Hi, I'm Ha Dong Hoon, also known as HaHa. It's great to meet you."

"Hi, I am Ji Suk Jin, Jae Suk's close friend. I can't believe our Jae Sukkie is dating a very pretty woman like you. You're his savior."

"It's very nice to meet you, My name's Jeon Somin."

"Jae Suk hyung told us a lot about you and now I'm talking to you? Hi, I'm Yang Se Chan."

After meeting them all, we all had dinner together and even I am personally shocked because I got comfortable with them too. Even though, yes, I admit it, I was uncomfortable meeting them but now, I suddenly feel like we're all close friends now.

And as expected, when some started drinking alcohol, Jae Suk oppa just leaves them be and doesn't drink with them. He only has water on his glass.

So I grabbed my bag and took out something then sat closer to Jae Suk. "How are you feeling?" He asked me.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and smiled, "I'm very happy, that's all."

Silence took over a little but I started, "Oppa, I have a gift for you."

"Oh really? What is it?" He asked me and I gave him a letter. "Oh, what's this?"

"It's a handwritten letter for you." I told him and he was about to open it so I quickly cut him off, "Don't read it when I'm still here, oppa. It's... Embarrassing... Read it when you get home." I continued and he laughed.

———

To my most handsome oppa,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so happy to meet you. Without you, I wouldn't be smiling these days. Even though we only started dating recently but I can definitely feel that you are my best oppa in the whole wide world. I know it sounds really cheesy but yeah, that's what I feel! You're so cute and smart, I'm falling for you so much more, hugging you, staring at you, and even kissing you, I feel very happy when I'm with you. Thank you for being there for me a lot! Happy birthday!

I love you~

- Ahn Eun Ji