25 - because of you

THIRD PERSON VIEW
Monday morning came.

Eun Ji arrives in her office without Jae Suk since he is filming Running Man today so it looked quite empty at the office.

As Eun Ji got settled down, her telephone rings. "Hello?"

"Hey, Miss Ahn, Mister Gong wishes to meet you at his office." The Boss's secretary called her from the landline.

"Ah yes. I'll be there real quick." She answered and went to the office as the secretary said.

She came in the room with Yeo Dol and her rich-looking mother looking at the ground frustrated.

"Hello, Mister Gong and-- Yeo Dol ah!" She tried greeting and then saw Yeo Dol with bruises and band-aids on his face.

"Yeo Dol ah, what happened? Did--" She approached Yeo Dol but her mother cut her off.

"Don't act dumb, Miss Ahn."

"W-What?" She was confused.

———

Mister Gong talked to them explaining what Yeo Dol told her mother. "But daepyonim, you don't understand, I didn't--"

"I patiently worked at the US when my son was 3 years old and left him with his grandmother. I never taught him to lie over things." Yeo Dol's mother spoke.

"But ma'am, I swear, I have never hurt Yeo Dol before or any other student. Right, Yeo Dol ah? Tell your mother." Eun Ji defended and looked at Yeo Dol, expecting a good answer from him.

Yeo Dol took a while but he looked away from Eun Ji and tears up, "She's lying, mother."

"W-What? Y-Yeo Dol ah, tell her the tru--"

"See?! He said it himself! He got hurt all because of you! How can a teacher whom I know is the ace of this school do this to my one and only son? I might even sue you for this!"

Eun Ji starts tearing up and had no choice but to apologize. "I'm s-sorry, ma'am."

———

"I'm afraid I have to fire you, Miss Ahn." Mister Gong said after privately talking to Eun Ji.

Eun Ji just sat on the chair, crying. "P-Please, sir... I-I swear I'm... Innocent. I-I don't hit my students... They're like my family to me... I'll pay for the aids Yeo Dol needs, sir... J-Just please don't f-fire me."

"I'm so sorry, Eun Ji ssi... Please... Pack your stuff... I... I gave everything to you and..." He sighed. "I'm so disappointed... We will handle Mrs. Bang's issue on our own. Thank you... For working with us."

"Sir, please let me talk, please!" Eun Ji started begging and crying so much.

"I had enough talk for today." Gong Daepyonim said and called for the security right outside his office.

The security got in and grabbed Eun Ji. Eun Ji starts to fight back from the grip and shouted, "Sir! Please, sir!"

The door was shut and locked which avoided Eun Ji to get in.

She couldn't help but just sit on the floor crying so much. She didn't even think such a day like this will happen.

———

"Unnie..." Bae Eun says crying as she looks at Eun Ji pack her stuff.

"Unnie, don't leave us here." She added and hugged her. "It's okay. I won't be away." Eun Ji replied.

"W-Will you be okay?" Dae Won who was helping her asked.

"... Of course... I'm always okay." Eun Ji said with a very negative tone.

They closed the box and looked at each other. "Eun Ji ah! Don't leave us!" Hae Il said and hugged Eun Ji followed by Bae Eun.

"I'm gonna miss you guys."

She then bumped into Dae Won who had a really disappointed face, "Do you really need to go?" Eun Ji just nods and teared up.

——-

Eun Ji continued on her day and just went back home. She needed rest so she quickly lied on the bed and grabbed her phone, calling her mother, Kim Min Jung.

PHONE CALL

Mom😘

Hello?
Oh mom
Aigoo Eun Ji ah! You called!
*smiles* I'm sorry if it took a while. Got all busy and stuff.
Aigoo, it's alright, my dear. How are you my daughter? Have you eaten dinner yet?
Well, not yet.
Omo why not? You should eat more, my daughter! You're so skinny!
*smiles* I'm just... Not in the mood right now, omma.
Aigoo, I can tell something happened to my precious daughter. What happened? Tell me now.
I... *sighs* It's nothing, omma.
Eyy! Don't be such a teenager and just tell me!
... Well... I... Just lost my job. *starts tearing up*
*surprised* Really?
Yes...
... Ah why? My daughter's the greatest teacher of that school! Did you resign or... Got fired?
I... Got fired, mom.
Omo! What happened? Did a parent scolded at you?
Oh? How do you always know everything, mom?
Eyy, of course I know those kind of things.
*smile* ah really? *suddenly cries*
Look, Eun Ji ah... For me, you're the best teacher I have ever met. And if I ever meet someone else, I'll make sure you're better than them. Don't worry about that, I know it's hard but, sometimes life doesn't go through as the way we plan. Remember, okay? You can do much better even by making mistakes.
*smiles and wipes her tears* Thanks, mom. I know I can count on you

———

THIRD PERSON VIEW
Eun Ji sits on her bed with her laptop. She searches around Google and every social networking sites she has.

🔍 Teaching jobs in California

———

Three days later, Thursday. Jae Suk comes in his office. He takes a look at Eun Ji's former office and notices that the whole office is clean.

"What the..."

———

He rushed and found Bae Eun walking at the hall. "Miss Moon, have you seen Miss Ahn?"

"A-Ah.. She just came over to her class and said goodbye to them." Bae Eun replied and got Jae Suk surprised.

"G-Goodbye? Why?"

"Oh I guess you don't know it yet but... She was fired the other day and she lastly came over just now and said goodbye to her students."

"What?!" Jae Suk was indeed surprised and quickly ran to the grade 11 classroom.

He opened the door and saw Dae Won talking to the students who are indeed crying but Eun Ji wasn't there anymore.

"It's going to be okay, guys. Please don't cry and let's get our lesson started and-- Oh, Mister Yoo. Do you need anything?" Dae Won tried comforting the students and saw Jae Suk.

"Eun Ji... Where's Miss Ahn?"

"Ah... She just went outside a couple of minutes ago." As soon as Dae Won answered the question, Jae Suk quickly ran towards the front gate.

At the same time, Eun Ji wipes her tears away as she called for a taxi approaching her way to leave the school for the last time.

As the taxi parks in front of her, Jae Suk got outside the school's front entrance but Eun Ji got in the taxi quicker than Jae Suk's eyes.

The taxi got far when Jae Suk starts looking around.