𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 (2)

My heart started racing and to calm myself down a bit I closed my eyes and tried breathing calmly but it barely worked. I started hearing footsteps coming closer to me, I got even more nervous because it didn't sound like it was just one person.

"Open your eyes, princess" I heard my dad say, so I did.
In front of me there was my dad but noone else.

"Wait he's by himself?" I thought to myself.

"You once told me that you wanted to have a partner very badly, do you remember? Your mother had this idea back then to make you meet some people when you're turning into an adult as a birthday present. I kept telling her that this was a bad idea, because I thought that you'd still be my little daughter and I was scared that somebody could break your heart. After your mother had passed I remembered what she said while you were bragging about you still not having a partner so today I wanted to make her wish come true to make both of you happy."

I teared up when he started talking about my mother. I miss her so much, especially after my dad told me what my mother said. But now I'm a bit confused, he wanted my mums wish to come true. But how, was I right, when I said that he wasn't by himself?

A man that I haven't seen before walked up to the table I was sitting at, he looked quite nervous.

My dad then started to explain me his plan:

"There will be a few people that will talk to you now, you can choose one to be as your partner. Choose wisely. If you dont like one, I will kill him, If you will like one, he will stay alive. If you end up liking multiple people, you'll have to choose one of them that you like the most, the ones that will be left will die as well."

Dang that sounds cruel. I should get used to this since I'm the daughter of a mafia leader, but it's kinda wrong if I think about it a bit longer. On the other hand it sounds fun though...

The man that sat down infront of me earlier then started speaking up:

"Hello, my name is Johnny Suh, I'm 25 years old and I'm ready to enter your heart baby girl" I heard the man say.

I looked over to my dad whom was looking at Johnny in a sceptical way. I honestly felt the same way as my dad, but if I said that I didn't like him Johnny will die just like that and I started feeling bad for him.

I looked at Johnny then back at my father and shook my head a bit. The next thing I know, my father pulls out his gun and shoots him.

I gasped, thinking I made a mistake. A man came out from the back and brung the dead body of Johnny away and got back to the place he came from.

Another male sat down infront of me. He looked extremely nervous, probably still shocked from what he saw just now.

He gulped and started speaking up:

"Hello miss, my n-name is Jungwoo K-kim, I'm 22 years old and I hope I can be your man someday."

I felt so bad for this one. He even started tearing up after he spoke. But I still didn't really like him so I once again looked at my dad then back at jungwoo and whispered a little "I'm sorry" just to look back at my dad and shaking my head.

A gunshot can be heard and there's Jungwoo lying on the chair, dead. The guy whom also have brung Johnny's body away now took Jungwoo out of the chair to take him to the same place as Johnny.

About an hour later, more than 20 people have died, just because of me. I didn't want to continue, but I heard my father say

"It's the last guy for today"

I closed my eyes and tried breathing calmly. Suddenly I remembered the moment in the morning where I had to sit down here to wait for my father. I started getting nervous again when I heard footsteps coming closer to me.

𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆𝒅...