25

"Uhh, Jieun. Could you maybe open the door?" Jisung said. The boys had come to check on her because she had seemed a little suspicious during the phone call.

Jieun panicked. She knew that it would be bad if they saw the, now growing, bruise on her cheek.

"Uhm, I can't. The house isn't clean." She said quickly. The boys on the other side looked at each other.

"Well it can't be any worse than ours. I'm sure it's fine." Renjun assured her.

Jeno and Mark frowned, they could sense a lot of panic in the bond.

"No, like it's really really bad."Jieun said back, desperately hoping that they would just believe her.

The boys are occasionally very stupid, but they aren't complete idiots.

Jaemin came forward and softly knocked on the door. "Jieun, could you please open the door?" He said softly.

Jieun took a deep breath. "Promise me you guys won't get mad, or do anything stupid. Okay?" She asked in a soft voice.

The boys looked at each other worriedly. They hesitated as they all exchanged glances. Mark took a deep breath before he came to the front.

"Okay, we promise." He said slowly.

Jieun slowly opened the door, her face peeking out the tiniest bit. She looked at all of them, careful not to show the left side of her face.

"So, what's up?" She asked. Haechan sighed and came to the front, "Sweetheart, open the door. All the way, please." He said to her softly.

She sighed before opening the door.

The boys frowned as they immediately looked at the ice pack the girl was currently using to cover her face.

Jeno felt dread creep up his spine as he walked closer to the girl, who wouldn't meet his eyes.

He gently put his hand on hers, and took away the ice pack. Jieun looked up, but later wished she didn't.

The boys have never ever looked as scary as they were right now.

Their faces had darkened as they looked at Jieun's bruised cheek. Chenle came closer and gently brushed her cheek, but quickly pulled back when the girl winced.

"Who did that?" Mark asked in a serious voice. Jieun could've sworn she heard a low growl.

She opened her mouth to answer him when Haechan added. "And don't lie."

Jieun clamped her mouth shut.

It had come to the attention of the boys that Jieun tended to take the blame for someone else's mistakes, she wasn't one for violence.

"Jieun." Renjun said softly, "Was it.....Do we know the person who did that to you?"

"Uh, well.....you see.....I'm sure she didn't mean it-"

"So it was Soojin." Jaemin said in a dark voice.

Jieun looked down at her feet. Jeno took the ice pack out of her hand and held it against her cheek, careful not to press too hard.

"I swear to god when I see that bitc-" Jisung began to say, but Jieun quickly cut him off.

"I saw her cheating on you, with another guy. I got angry so I told her off, she wasn't very happy when she found out I was your soulmate." She explained, still looking at the ground.