35

"YOU WHAT?!"

The boys flinched and looked everywhere but at Jieun's shocked face.

Shotaro hesitantly shifted in his spot, debating wether he should help the boys out and try to calm Jieun down.

Aera was somewhat surprised by their older girl's response. She had never seen Jieun this angry.

"YOU LOST HER?!" Jieun said in disbelief.

"J-Jieun-" Shotaro tried to calm her down but was cut off by Jieun herself.

"No no, let me get this straight. You lost Aera and you didn't even call me. Then after you told her not to tell me anything?!" Jieun said, the hurt look on her face caused the boys to wince.

"I mean, did you think that I'd never find out?" She asked, not knowing if she genuinely wanted to know the answer.

"Jieun, that's not what we-"

"You know what, it's late. Shotaro and I have to close up, you guys should leave. I'll drop Aera off at her house." Jieun said with a sigh, cutting off Mark.

Jisung tried to say something but was held back by Renjun, who shook his head.

Right now she didn't want to see them, and if they pushed her she would definitely break.

"Alright, call one of us when you get home." Jeno said quietly. He felt her disappointment and sadness through the bond.

"Get home safely, try to get home before it gets too dark." Chenle added.

Jieun didn't say anything and picked up Aera before going to the back of the cafe.

Shotaro looked at the boys, who were all looking at the door Jieun had gone through.

"She just needs some time."

Mark nodded but didn't say anything. He knew that the boy was just trying to make the situation better.

"We should go, I don't think she wants to see us when she comes back." Jaemin said with a sigh. The others wordlessly turned towards the door and walked out with their heads down, except Haechan.

The boy was rooted in his spot, still staring at the door that Jieun had left through. Chenle turned around when he noticed that the tanned boy wasn't following them.

"Hyung?" He said as he looked at the older boy questionably.

"You guys go ahead, I'm gonna make sure Jieun gets home safe." Haechan said, putting his hands in his jean pockets.

Chenle hesitated for a bit before nodding his head. Haechan watched as the younger boy went outside and told the others that he would be staying back.

After they left, Haechan and Shotaro were left in a comfortable silence. The two boys were minding their own business while Shotaro finished cleaning up, Haechan waited for Jieun.

.....................................................................

Jieun sighed for the 100th time when she finally turned around to face the boy behind her.

Haechan had been waiting for her when she came back, Aera following close behind her.

Before she dropped Aera of at home, Jieum had given the younger girl a little lecture about how she had done something bad and dangerous. But she was surprised when Aera told her that it wasn't the boy's faults.

"Why are you still here Haechan?" She asked curtly. Her heart hurt when she saw the pained expression on the usually bright boy.

She hadn't meant for it to come out so coldly, but she might've been more hurt than she thought.