20

Jieun hadn't said a single thing since she sat between Chenle and Jisung. She made sure to hide her mark with her other hand so that no one could see it, but she knew that the boys were watching her.

She slowly looked to her side and saw Jisung looking at her arm. He noticed that she was watching him, so he shifted his gaze to meet her eyes.

Jisung gave her a small smile, which made her feel a lot better. What she didn't see was the jealous looks the other boys were giving him.

The only one who wasn't looking at her was Jeno, who was still confused as to how Jieun knew his mother.

"This is the quietest that this house has ever been with you boys in it." Mrs.Lee finally said as she broke the silence.

They were all currently sitting at the dinner table. It turned out that Yeri's prediction was right, as Mrs.Lee had made lasagna today.

As badly as Jieun wanted to eat, she couldn't. The reason being that she was right handed, and her soulmate mark happened to be in her right arm.

She nervously fidgeted as the others began to quietly eat, contemplating wether or not she should try to use her left hand.

She sighed as she realized that there was no way around it. They were her soulmates anyway! What was she so afraid about?

She lifted her arm and grabbed the fork, silently starting to eat. Everything was going well, until Mrs.Lee gasped.

Everyone looked towards her, but she simply coughed. Mr.Lee have her a glass of water and she drank it, "Are you okay mom?" Jeno asked.

"Yes, yes I'm fine." She said, but Jieun could tell that something was on her mind.

After they finished dinner, Jieun offered to wash the dishes. But of course there was no way that Mrs.Lee would allow that.

However, much to Jieun's surprise, the lady had accepted her help when she offered it, unlike last time.

So here they were, Jieun helping Mrs.Lee wash the dishes as the boys and Mr.Lee talked in the living room.

"Sweetheart, I-"

"Jeno bonded with me." Jieun confessed suddenly. Mrs.Lee stared at her with big eyes.

"He what?!-" She exclaimed. Jieun took a plate and dried it.

"He saw my mark and touched it, so now we're bonded." She said, not meeting Mrs.Lee's eyes.

The older woman frowned."Jieun, what's wrong?" She asked softly.

Jieun took a deep breath. Truthfully, she was getting close to her breaking point. She was starting to think that all of this just wasn't worth it.

Jieun had always been a very positive girl by nature. She would always smile at everyone she met, even if she happened to be having a bad day.

No one saw anything except for the happy waitress who served coffee everyday after she came from school.

But in reality, Jieun has a dark side. She took painkillers for her soulmate mark because she was half bonded.

She woke up in the early hours of the day because the pain that she experienced because of it was too much.

She didn't eat a lot, either because she was too tired to, or simply because she couldn't stomach the food.

She was tired of all of it.

She really was.

"I'm tired." She said as she set the plate down. Mrs.Lee's heart ached.

"Oh Jieun." She said as she turned Jieun around so that she could hug her.