38

Yeri stared out her room window. She sighed as she felt the sun shine on her face. The warmness made her feel all cozy, which was rare for her. The hospital wasn't usually a very comfortable place to be in. Her attention went to the birds outside. She quietly listened to their chirps, the light sounds making her feel like she was on Cloud9.

That was until a familiar rumbling broke her happy little bubble. A frown found it's way onto her face as she looked down at her stomach. Her annoyed stare shifted to the clock above her door.

1:35 p.m

They were late with her lunch.

But that wasn't exactly what Yeri was ticked off about. Honestly, she could care less about the crappy hospital cafeteria food. What she was really looking forward to was seeing her best friend again.

Yeri couldn't help but feel like she's missing out on so much of Jieun's life. The girl frowned once again as she remembered the last time Jieun had come for a visit.

As her many questions floated around in her head, Yeri completely missed the sound of her door opening and closing.

"Yeri? Are you okay sweetie?"

Yeri's neck whipped around to see the nurse who had arrived with her lunch. Nurse Kim smiled gently at the young girl as she set down her food tray.

"How are you doing?" She asks softly. Nurse Kim was one of the few nurses in the hospital that Yeri liked. And by few, she meant 3.

"I'm fine. Just patiently waiting for my lunch." The young girl said with a fake smile. Mrs. Kim shook her head and sighed at her attitude as she grabbed the handles of Yuri's wheelchair.

But before she could move, Yuri stopped her. "Can I eat by the window today?" She asked the nurse. The older woman stopped before nodding her head. "By the way sweetheart, there's someone here who wanted to see you." She said nonchalantly as she placed the young girl's lunch on the table in front of her.

Yeri's eyes widened in shock as her jaw dropped. "What?!" The girl said incredulously. "Jieun's here?!" She asked, a smile slowly blooming. But, she froze slightly as Nurse Kim frowned.

"No, it's not the young lady who usually comes. Actually it's a young man this time!" Yeri was left frowning by the time Nurse Kim had left.

A young man? She didn't know any young men, or any men for that matter, except for her doctor. Whatever, it doesn't matter who they are, they're still going to have to wait until she finished her lunch.

....

"I must be the worst friend, in the history of friends." Jieun said with a groan as she hid her face in her hands.

"Oh, I'm sure you're not that bad babe. I mean, if you want to talk about bad friends, you should hear about the time Chenle-"

Haechan was cut off by a hard elbow to the stomach, at this point it was a miracle he hadn't broken anything from the amount of hits he took.

"Jieun, I think Yeri can understand that you can't spend all your time at the hospital with her." Mark said gently. They had wrapped up everything at the cafe and had arrived at Jieun's apartment.

Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun were sitting on the ground in front of her couch, Jisung and Chenle sat on either side of her while Haechan and Mark stood standing. Jieun didn't say anything and just stared off into space. Her eyes fixated on the carpet that the boys were sitting on. The others looked at each other unsure on what to do.

Chenle's eyes shifted around, he couldn't stand to  see her like this. "Wanna go out for ice cream?" He said without thinking.

Jisung frowned and looked at his friend. What the hell was he thinking? How is ice cream the first thing he comes up with in this situation?

Jieun also stared at him in confusion, but the older boy simply showed her a smile. "We can go to the ice cream shop you like so much, you know...the one close to the hospital." Chenle added on.

Mark's eyes widened when a realization hit him. "You should go Jieun." He told her in agreement with Chenle, causing the younger to smile.

Meanwhile, the others were in the complete dark on what was going on. But after some pushing from Mark and Chenle, she finally caved.

"We'll stay here." Mark added quickly, making both Chenle and Jieun freeze. Huh?

"Why?" Chenle asked with a frown. Renjun rolled his eyes and shook his head when he figured out what was going on.

"We're just going to do some cleaning up." Mark said, trying to save the situation. Jieun raised an eyebrow, a small smirk forming on her face.

"I didn't realize my house was so messy." She
stated causing the older boy to panic.

"W-Wait, what?! N-No that's not what I meant-"

"I think he means that we'll have dinner ready by the time you two get back." Jaemin said, catching onto what was happening as well. Jeno silently mouthed "ohhh" when he also realized the situation.

Jisung and Haechan simply said nothing as they pretended to know what was going on.

Jieun narrowed her eyes at the obvious plot to get her out of her house. She sighed and shook her head in defeat. Whatever they were going to do, they couldn't be stopped now.

"Should we go then?" Chenle asked. Jieun smiled and nodded, ice cream was something that she could go for right now.

After they left, Jeno continued to stare at the door. "He has no idea why we let them go alone, does he?" The boy asked with a sigh.

"Yup." Jaemin confirmed with a shake of his head. Haechan also shook his head in disappointment.

"What a lovestruck idiot." The brown haired boy exclaimed. "So.....why did we let them go alone?" Haechan added quickly. Renjun smacked his own forehead, hard. "Oh my god!"

This day was dragging on for way too long.

surprise~ look who's still alive!
please stay safe and healthy everyone!!❤️

-honeybyunnie 💚