10

Jieun walked down the street of her house, kicking a small stone. She stopped and looked up at the sky. It was getting dark, the street lights started to turn on.

Coming down the street was a couple. Hand in hand. They looked like nothing in the world could make them happier.

Jieun sighed, then she shook her head. Come on Jieun! Don't be greedy, she scolded herself. She might not have all of her soulmates, but at least she had Chenle and Jisung.

Suddenly Jieun felt something brush against her leg. She looked down and saw a cat that she thought she wouldn't see for awhile.

Oh you silly cat.

.............................................................................

The boys were seated down at the table eating dinner.

"Wahhhh, tastes amazing as always Mrs.Lee." Haechan exclaimed, looking up at the woman with a smile on his face.

"Thank you Donghyuck." she replied. However the boys could see that something was bothering her.

"Are you sure you're okay mom? You aren't getting sick or anything, right?" Jeno asks, looking at his mom in concern.

Mr.Lee suddenly perks up. "Are you okay honey, you were fine when Ji- Ow!" Mrs.Lee quickly , and discreetly, pinches Mr.Lee before he could continue.

"I'm fine sweetheart, just tired." she says back giving Jeno a reassuring smile. The boy nods and goes back to eating.

Making sure that no one was watching, Mrs. Lee gave Mr. Lee a look telling him to drop it. The man merely sighed before nodding.

"Ahh, Mrs. Lee you really shouldn't have worked so hard." Mark said feeling sorry that she had to make dinner for them.

But Mrs.Lee couldn't help but feel guilty. You see, she didn't make dinner today, Jieun did. But something told her that she couldn't come out and say that, so she simply nodded.

"By the way mom, have you seen Bongsik anywhere." Jeno asks. He had finished eating by now.

"Oh yeah, she's usually here when we come." Jaemin added noticing that the cat hadn't greeted them today.

"Maybe she-"Renjun was cut off when a knock came from the back door.

"Who's that?" Jisung asked while looking in the direction of the door.

"I'll get-"

"Sit down! Don't move. I'll get it!" Mrs.Lee said as she abruptly stood up.

Jeno raised his hands up, as if surrendering. The boys were all frozen. Mrs.Lee was a really chill person. But today, she didn't seem to be herself.

.............................................................................

Mrs.Lee opened the door to see exactly who she wanted to.

Jieun was standing at the door with Bongsik in her arms. She smiled at Mrs.Lee before putting Bongsik on the ground. However the cat simply stayed by her feet.

Jieun sighed before looking up at Mrs.Lee.

"You're staying for dinner, right?" Mrs.Lee asked with a hopeful look on her face.

Jieun's smile fell. "Mrs.Lee, I really don't think-"

"Do you have something against my son and his friends?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"No! Not at all, it's just ........... I think you should hear this from Jeno." Jieun said while looking down.

"I don't want to hear it from him. I want to hear it from you." She answered. She was also wondering how Jieun knew her son's name. Was there something she was missing?

"I......They come to the cafe that I work at, with their girlfriend." She said looking away.

Mrs.Lee's eyes widened. Jeno had a girlfriend? He hadn't told them anything.

"He found his soulmate!" Mrs.Lee exclaimed. A smile slowly taking over her face. But when she saw Jieun's sad smile, a feeling of dread started to wash over her.

"What? What is it?" She asked nervously, until she finally figured it out. "She's not their soulmate, is she?"

Jieun slowly nodded her head.

"How do you know?" She asked. Maybe the young girl was lying to her. There was definitely a connection from her to them, but it might just be gratitude for helping them today.

Jieun simply showed a sad smile before looking at Mrs.Lee, "Because I'm their soulmate."

.

.

.

.

Mrs.Lee rushed out the door and pulled Jieun into a hug. Jieun completely froze. She had been hugged by many people like her grandparents and her past friends.

But being hugged by Mrs.Lee brought back a feeling that she had forgotten.

The feeling of being hugged by her parents.

Jieun wrapped her arms around Mrs.Lee, who later broke the hug and showed her a big smile. She looked like she had tears in her eyes.

"Oh Mrs.Lee! Don't cry!" Jieun said.

"I'm just so happy. But what is that idiot of a son doing dating someone else?" The personality change was alarming for Jieun. She definitely did not want to get on Mrs.Lee's bad side.

"Uhm, well he's just following his heart-"

"He's being stupid, that's what he's doing!" she said, somewhat outraged.

Mrs.Lee huffed in anger. "Mrs .Lee, I have to get going. I have work tomorrow and I already called in sick today."

Mrs.Lee sighed before nodding, "Ok, but I will come over tomorrow with lunch, since you couldn't join us for dinner." She said sternly

Jieun nodded her head, she was not complaining at all.

This is gonna get so much more kunfusing when Mark's parents and Haechan's parents come. updates might get a little bit slow these next few weeks but i will definitely update. thank you so much for continuing to read!!!! Also Work It and 90's Love were just ........

 thank you so much for continuing to read!!!! Also Work It and 90's Love were just

please make sure to be safe and healthy during these hard times!!
❤️❤️❤️

~sunnyhyuck 💚