39

"I don't want to be mean....but are you sure this is the way to the ice cream parlour?"

Jieun looked around the street they were one. If they kept walking down this questionable street they would need up in a forest soon.

"I'm sure! I swear it's somewhere around here." Chenle said with a wavering confidence, as he walked in front of her. Jieun sighed but followed the older boy regardless.

The girl silently looked around, before stopping. "Chenle...there's no ice cream parlour around here." She finally said. Chenle pouted, knowing that the girl was right. He just figured that if they kept walking the something was eventually pop up.

Too bad he was wrong.

Jieun quietly watched him as he took out his phone and tried to find an ice cream parlour nearby. The younger girl came closer and without thinking, wrapped her arms around him. Chenle froze and stared at her in worry.

"Thank you." He heard the younger girl say. He frowned, "For what?" The older boy asked, genuinely confused. Regardless, he lifted his arms and hugged her back.

Jieun smiled. "For everything." She didn't look up at him. She couldn't, because she had too much to say. If Jieun looked at him now, she knew she would cry.

What she wanted to say was just too important to fumble up.

"Thank you for being the first one to come up to me that day. Thank you for asking me out on a date. Thank you for asking me to be your soulmate. Thank you for being nice to me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you, for everything."

Chenle was quiet, he hadn't said a single thing this entire time and simply listened to her. When
Jieun finally looked up the older boy smiled at her before leaning in for a soft kiss. When they pulled apart he rested his forehead on hers.

"Thank you for giving me a chance." He said gently. Jieun smiled, her eyes filled with happy tears and her heart was full of love for the boy in front of her. The young girl smiled even brighter when she felt Chenle's hand brush against her soulmate mark.

"Now, let's find that ice cream parlor!"

...

"I'm bored."

Haechan pouted as he stared at the girl in front of him. Renjun rolled his eyes at the slightly younger boy.

"Leave her alone Haechan. She's studying."

This was true. In light of a recent assignment mark that she had gotten back, Jieun realized that she needed to spend more time on her schoolwork if she wanted an acceptable final grade for this semester.

"I know she's studying, I was just making a statement." Haechan said with a frown.

"No one asked for your statements." Renjun sniped back.

"What was that?"

"You want me to say it again?"

"How about both of you shut up before you both piss her off."

The two boys whipped their heads to the side and were met with the sight of Jaemin's amused face.

"Though I would say that you're pretty close already." He said smugly. Jieun was looking at the two boys sitting in front of her. What should've concerned them was the fact that her face held no emotion.

She simply stared back at them.

"We're sorry Jieun." The two said in unison. The girl nodded and went back to her work. All three boys breathed a sigh of relief. However, as she continued to work Jaemin stared at her.

"Did you have lunch Jieunnie?" He asked softly. Jieun nodded again. He sighed before taking a seat next to her. The older boy leaned in and placed a kiss on her head before sitting straight.

Just like that, a comfortable silence fell upon the table.

Renjun continued with his work while Haechan and Jaemin scrolled through their phones and Jieun was engrossed in her mountain of study sheets.

Or at least she was until her phone rang.

"That goddamn phone-"

peekaboo~
-honeybyunnie❤️