15

The boys went to sleep, a lot on their minds after what happened that night. They slept restlessly.

.............................................................................

"Ow! What the fu-" Jaemin said as he rubbed his rub. Jeno had pushed him off the bed.

Jaemin sighed and stretched out his arms. That was when something caught his attention. Jaemin sniffed the air.

Bacon?

He thought for a while. Jaemin was the only person who could cook good food in the house.

The others help out occasionally, except Mark cause he can't cook to save his life, but they never woke up early to make breakfast.

Maybe they had a change of thought after yesterday? He thought as he got up from the floor. He looked over at his bed and his eyes widened.

Jieun was gone and the bed was made.

Jaemin was shocked. Did she really just leave like that after everything that happened yesterday. Wouldn't she be scared of going somewhere by herself?

As he walked to the living room his jaw dropped when he saw the table.

Laid out were stacks of pancakes, strips of bacon and some eggs.

Jaemin took a piece of bacon, it was still warm.

In the middle of the table was a note.

Good morning!

I didn't know when you guys were going to wake up but I knew that I could just leave without saying thank you for everything. So, I made breakfast! I hope you don't mind eating bacon, eggs and pancakes. I didn't have a lot of time. Thank you so much again. I owe you guys one, the next time you come to the cafe it'll be on me! Hope you have a great day, oh and there's coffee in the kitchen if you want any!

- Jieun ❤️

Jaemin didn't realize it, but a small smile formed on his face when he saw the heart next to Jieun's name.

He looked at the table and smiled. "A simple thank you would've been okay." He said to himself as he sat down.

The others are seriously going to regret sleeping in, he thought with a smirk as he took a pancake from the stack.

.............................................................................

"Hyunnng!" Chenle said as he trudged behind Jaemin. The boys all had classes today. After a long day they were finally done.

They had agreed to go to the cafe, surprisingly.

"I can't believe that you didn't wake us up! When we came downstairs you had almost finished all of the good food that Jieun made for us!" He said in a whiny voice.

"Not to mention it was cold." Haechan added.

Jaemin simply ignored them all. They entered the cafe, a little bell going off.

But the scene wasn't what they were expecting.
Jieun was currently holding a crying baby in her arms while giving what looked like colouring papers to a kid.

She rocked the baby in her arms so that they would stop crying, surprisingly they did.

"Those aren't her kids, right?" Haechan whispered, earning a "Shut up dumbass." from Renjun followed by a hard smack in the head.

Jieun lifted her head when she heard a commotion in front of her.

She was surprised to see that the boys had come today. "Jieun unnie, are you gonna take me to the park today?" The little girl sitting beside her asked.

She had lost her two front teeth but was still showing Jieun a big smile. She smiled back and pat her head, "We'll ask your mom and dad, and if they say yes then I'll take both you and your brother!" She said.

The boys had taken a seat at their regular table already and were waiting for Jieun to come and take take their order.

Usually they would all be doing their own thing, but right now they were watching Jieun. She seemed to be perfectly fine after everything that happened yesterday.

Jieun went to the back carrying the baby, the boys couldn't see what was happening after that. But she was simply going to tell Mrs.Kang that it was time to feed him.

You see, Mr. and Mrs. Kang brought their kids to work today, since they didn't have school. When that happened Jieun would watch over them for the day.

When she came back she brought her notebook and went to take the boy's order. The little girl following her close behind.

"What can I get for you today?" She asked with a small smile.

"What's the special today?" Renjun asked. She was about to answer him when someone else interrupted, "It's a pumpkin spice latte!! Right unnie?" The little girl asked Jieun.

Jieun looked down at her and smiled. "That's right!" She said as she pat the girl's head.

The boys smiled.

"How much is it?" Mark asked. The little girl going to answer when Jieun put a hand on her shoulder. "It's free, we have a special promotion." She said with a straight face.

The girl looked up at her in confusion. Jaemin then spoke, "We'll take seven then." He said back.

Jieun only nodded her head and went to go make their order. However, the little girl didn't move. "That's weird." She said out loud.

The boys looked at each other before Jisung asked, "What's weird?"

"The pumpkin spice latte costs $11. Unnie never gets the prices wrong." She said with a frown.

The boys looked at each other in confusion, except for Jaemin who knew exactly what was happening. He didn't show them the note that Jieun had left, he only told them that Jieun made breakfast this morning.

"What's your name?" He asked the little girl.

The girl narrowed her eyes at him. "My mom told me to never tell my name to strangers. In case you didn't notice mister, you're a stranger."

Jaemin looked at her with wide eyes. A few seconds later the boys burst out laughing.

"Did you hear that mister, you're a stranger!" Haechan said through fits of laughter. Jaemin glared at him and was about to tell him off, but Mark pointed to the girl and mouthed 'there are kids here.'

"Aera! Could you come over here and help me with these cups please." Jieun said to the girl.

She enthusiastically nodded her head and was about to come but she quickly turned around and leaned closer to tell the boys something.

The boys leaned closer in order to hear her better, but their jaws dropped when they heard what she said.

"Please be good soulmates to unnie, she's a very nice person and she cares a lot about other people." Area said before leaving the table.

Awww, little Aera knows what's up! to be honest there's been a lot of jaw dropping recently. i hope you guys liked this chapter!! i'm so proud of the boys for winning Favourite Male Group and Worldwide Fans' Choice awards!!!!
💚💚💚
Please stay safe and healthy!!
❤️❤️❤️

~sunnyhyuck 💚