Chapter 2) SummerSlam Return

SummerSlam 2020

I stood at the gorilla and watched on the small screen of The Fiend versus Braun Strowman for the Universal Championship in a falls count anywhere match.

Those two fought tooth and nail in the ring, pulling all the breaks and neither one was backing down from a fight. I watched as Braun kept throwing around The Fiend like he was a ragdoll across the ramp, backstage, and around the ring. Those two can really put up a fight that brought the fans excitement inside of the Thunderdome.

I proceeded to watch their match for minutes and I seen Braun taking out a random boxcutter from underneath the ring and started to slice up the ring canvas, exposing the plywood. 

I watched as The Fiend grabbed up Braun and chokeslammed him to the wood and layed a Sister Abigail onto him twice. After that, he got the pinfall and became the new Universal Champion

Shortly after he won the championship, that was my cue to make my way into the ring and I laid a thunderous Spear onto him that shocked everybody.

"Oh my god. What the hell? Who the hell? That's Roman Reigns! Roman Reigns!" Michael Cole shouted.

Corey Graves was shocked along with Michael Cole on commentary.

"The Big Dog is here! Roman Reigns is back, and he's beating the hell out of the Universal Champion!"

I glanced around the ring and I scavenged for Braun, charging towards him and also given him a Spear in the process.

"I made you! You ain't a monster unless I'm here!" I shouted.

Braun lied on the ground in agony while I pulled out a steel chair and rammed it into his back repeatedly until it was bent in half.

I looked over towards The Fiend and held the Universal Championship in my hands, "You're just a freak in a mask!" I shouted.

Throwing the championship on the ground, I moved the hair from my face with a smile. I was on a new journey to claim back what I lost two years ago.

Walking backstage for the first time in awhile, I was greeted by many of mine and Ashley's friends and hearing the sounds of applause from afar.

"Welcome back, man!" Sasha said.

"Thanks, Sasha."

"How's Ashley?"

"She's doing well. She's the one who actually convinced me to return to the ring."

"You're killing it out there! So, you're a heel now?"

I smiled while moving my hair back from my face. "Yeah. It's about time this guy got a new gimmick."

"Looks like we're going to be heels together." She laughed. "I wonder if Ashley will ever return to the ring."

"I'm not sure if she wants to return anytime soon. Ashley's always busy taking care of Loto and more focused on being a mother for now."

"Give her a few years and she'll be back inside that ring. She has the ambition, Roman."

"We'll see about that. I honestly believe that her outlook has changed ever since she became a mother."

"Only time will tell, Roman."

After Sasha left to hang out with Bayley, I returned to my locker-room and took off the new merchandise that they forced me to wear that worded, 'Wreck Everyone And Leave.' I was finally able to return home to Ashley and my son for the next few days until Friday for SmackDown.

Finally returning home many hours later, I greeted my wife with a passionate kiss, and held my son close into my embrace.

"You were amazing out there." Ashley said.

"Thanks, babe. I'm excited to finally become a heel." I replied, "I've wanted to do this for years. But you know how godawful the authority was. They refused to allow me to do anything back then."

Loto then started to cry in my arms.

"Here, let me take care of him." Ashley insisted.

"No, I will. You need time to rest babe."

"Thank you."

Ashley went down to rest on the living room couch and I brought Loto up to our bedroom. I sat down and cradled him in my arms gently.

"Shh, daddy's here now." I said in a calming and soothing tone.

I gently rocked my son in my arms for half an hour. I couldn't believe that this was my son after wanting one for years. I remembered telling Ambrose many years ago that I wanted a child to someday carry on in my legacy.

I looked down at my son as he started to slowly stop crying. He looked at me with a smile on his face and wrapped his tiny hand around my finger; in which brought me into emotion.

"I'm so proud of you, Champ. I'm so blessed that you came into me and your mother's lives."

Minutes later, Loto began falling asleep after hearing my soothing voice. I slowly laid him into his crib and made my way downstairs to seeing a sleeping Ashley on the couch.

I approached her with a gentle kiss on the forehead and carried her into our bedroom to end the night.