Chapter 10) Surprising News

Days began to pass as I was struggling to fight my anxiety. Ashley and I have distracted ourselves from the issue and made love from time to time before I had to head back to work. I was also focused on preparing a future for my son. I knew I had to be the stronger one and protect my loved ones. Rollins getting released from prison was the worst news that we've received in awhile and the thought was enough to make my blood boil.

I was also working on this feud between me and my cousin for my championship and focusing on this successful part of my career as in becoming a heel in the company. SmackDown was already approaching tonight as I had to make my entrance with Paul at my side.

Adam Pearce decided on making this match a Samoan Street fight. I was teaming with my cousin and we were facing Corbin and Sheamus.

SmackDown - September 18, 2020

I was kicking off SmackDown tonight. After I made my entrance, I stepped into the ring. Paul was attempting to speak but with the mood I've been in lately about this Rollins situation, I demanded the microphone as I had my hand out and Paul carefully placed it into my hand.

"I came out here first because I don't want there to be any confusion this week. You can call this place whatever you like. But this is my yard. This is my island. This is my ring. This is my WWE! If you want it, come and take it from me."

During the show, I realized that a promo package was released of Paul narrating about my bloodline as it was focusing on my career, my family and with my accomplishments over the years. I couldn't help but to cock a smile when Paul closed out the package and said, "He is the Tribal Chief and your Universal Champion, Roman Reigns."

Closing out the show, the Samoan Street Fight was still in effect and I made my way down to the ring and waited on Jey, Corbin and Sheamus to make their way down to the ring. When the bell began to ring, I knocked Corbin out of the ring with a clothesline. Sheamus pulled me out of the ring by my foot and started throwing punches. Jey kept performing back to back Inseguris to Sheamus and Corbin. The both of us continued to kick out of the pinfalls, leaving the two frustrated.

After I was tired of Sheamus and his idiocy, I rammed my foot into him with a low-blow. Thankfully, it was legal in this match and I smiled as he dropped down to his knees on the announce table. I picked him up and laid the Samoan Drop onto him. Corbin then began to attack me and I threw him into the ring post. Sheamus began to stand up and I speared him through the barricade.

Jey laid the Uso-Splash onto Corbin and got the pinfall and we won the match. Jey celebrated as I was still collecting myself after the mach. Confused, he approached me as he continued to smile and glanced down at my championship, holding it in his hands and then throwing it towards me like it was an old action figure that he no longer played with.

"Let's go!" He shouted.

I moved the hair from my face and started to break character with a smile on my face. I reeled him into a hug and was thankful to have this feud against my own bloodline. When he started to leave the ring, he started clapping and shouting towards me.

"Let's get it!"

My smile began to fade as the camera zoomed towards me as I began to worry about how my wife and son were doing back at home and the thought of Rollins made my eyebrows furrow on camera.

After no explanation, I decided to head back home and spend the weekend with them until Tuesday.

After arriving home after a long drive, Ashley pulled me into a hug with a smile on her face.

"I'm so glad that you guys are okay." I said in relief.

"Of course we would be."

We continued to spend time together, talking about what we were going to do when it came to Loto beginning school and also focusing on his future. Suddenly, Ashley wasn't feeling well and she quickly ran into the bathroom.

"Babe? Are you alright?" I knocked on the door.

She remained silent until she exited the bathroom and started to faint in my arms.

"Loto!" I shouted, calling for him to come downstairs.

"What's wrong, Daddy?" He said, beginning to speak in sentences.

"Do you know what's going on with your mother?"

He shook his head, "No."

Concerned, I asked him to head to his bedroom and carried Ashley into our bedroom. I quickly placed her down in the bed and she began to open her eyes, "What happened?"

"I don't know what happened. We were talking about Loto's future with schooling and then you ran into our bathroom and threw up. When you came out of the bathroom, you fainted in my arms. Are you okay?"

"I'm feeling better." She said, looking up into my eyes.

"You sure? We should get you to a doctor just in case."

I went upstairs and into my sons bedroom as he was playing with his action figures.

"Son, we're going to take you to your grandmother's for awhile."

"Okay, Daddy." Loto replied.

I escorted my wife and son and buckled him into his car-seat and placed Ashley next to me on the passenger's side, making the quick trip to my parents' house to drop off our son.

I dropped Loto off with my mother and drove Ashley to the hospital to make sure that she's okay. She could've been having episodes due to the anxiety that we've been having lately. After the doctor checked her out and had a smile on his face, I began to ask questions.

"How is she?"

"She's doing just fine! It turns out that she's two weeks pregnant."

"Hold on, pregnant?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"Ash, did you take the pill recently?"

She looked down in guilt, "I must have forgotten to take it immediately right after."

Ashley looked down at the floor and felt upset that she had forgotten to take the birth control dosage after we last had sex eleven days ago. She looked as if she was about to cry and I pulled her close into my embrace.

"I have to ask you a question."

"What's that?"

"Do you want to keep the baby? I know this was unplanned and that you forgot your dosage but this is all up to you if you want to carry our second child for the next nine months."

"Yes, I do."

I smiled, placing my hand onto her stomach and was excited to hear that I was having a second child on the way.

"Great. We have plenty of extra rooms for the baby and Loto's going to become a big brother soon. He's going to be so excited once he finds out the news."

It was shocking to know that we were expecting our second child together. I wanted to wait awhile before breaking the exciting news to our friends and family about the pregnancy when the time was right.