Chapter 35) Welcome To The World

Samaria looked just like her mother with her eyes and had my jet black hair. She definitely shown Samoan blood. I was definitely the proudest father in the world and I couldn't wait to have our son meet his little sister. Ashley was extremely weak after giving birth to our daughter and laid back onto the bed with sweat dripping off her face and her face was as red as a tomato.

"Are you alright, babe?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm just exhausted, Ro."

"Get some rest. I'll handle it from here."

Two of the doctors entered our room again and started checking Samaria's weight and making sure that she was healthy before giving her back to me.

"How's my daughter?" I asked.

"Mr. Anoa'i. Your daughter is very healthy and she weighs over six-pounds. We managed to clean her off some more and took the suction and cleaned out her nose."

"Thank you."

I held my daughter in my arms once again and proceeded to smile. Due to the pandemic, nobody was allowed into the hospital room except for the medical staff and me. I loved knowing that I was a proud father of two.

During the time Ashley was relaxing and resting after giving birth, I decided on taking a photo of my daughter and showing them to my friends and family with the biggest smile on my face. 

"Ro?" Ashley said, opening her eyes.

"What's up?"

"How's our daughter?"

I smiled, "She's perfect. The doctor came in and said she weighed around six-pounds and was a very healthy baby."

"That's good."

She laid back in the bed again and started to rest again. While she fell asleep, Ambrose was calling my phone and I exited the room. 

"What's up, man?"

"I'm so happy for you and Ashley, Rome! Baby number two looks just like Ashley."

"I know." I smiled, "She has her eyes and the same color of hair as mine. My kids always inherit my hair more than Ashley's."

"Speaking of Ashley, how is she?" 

"She's doing good. She's currently resting after giving birth, but she's the happiest mother in the world right now. More like on cloud nine if you ask me."

"Aww, I can't wait to meet your daughter."

I was on the phone with Ambrose for another few minutes until I heard Samaria beginning to cry inside of the room. 

"Hey Ambrose, I have to cut this short because the baby needs me."

"It's all good, Rome."

I hung up my phone and walked over to my daughter, who was crying up a storm. 

"Shh, Daddy's here." 

I held my daughter in my arms and slowly rocked her back and forth until she fell asleep. She and Loto were always a hassle after being born; but I loved being their father. I had to make sure that Samaria wouldn't wake up Ashley. She needed all the rest that she could possibly get before we returned home. 

3:00 AM

I spent the rest of my night watching over Ashley and Samaria as they were peacefully asleep. It didn't take me long until I fell asleep in the hospital's reclining chair next to Ashley's bedside and dozed off to sleep for the night. 

When it was finally morning, I was thankful that Samaria didn't wake the both of us up and was still sleeping. I quietly left the room and went down to grab a small cup of coffee and some breakfast for Ashley. 

A few minutes passed and I walked into the room to seeing Ashley scanning around the room with her eyes barely opened. 

"Good morning."

"Morning."

"I brought you some breakfast."

"Aww, you shouldn't have!" 

"You deserve it, Ash. I may not understand the pain of giving birth, but I'll be with you every step of the way. Just like I was with Loto when he was first born."

Ashley started to eat her breakfast and then Samaria woke up bursting into tears. I held her in my arms and gave her a bottle of milk; calming her down. 

"Fatherly instincts, huh?" She teased. 

"Oh hush," I grinned.

After awhile, the doctors entered the room and checked on Ashley and Samaria before sending us back home. It was almost time for Loto to finally meet his little sister. 

"Hello?"

"Hello, son. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah! I wanted to talk to Loto really fast. He's going to be meeting his little sister later today."

"I'm so excited to meet the little angel!"

I heard my mother calling for Loto and he rushed over to the phone.

"Loto, guess what?"

"What?"

"You're meeting your little sister later today when I come over."

"I am?"

"Yeah and she's very excited to meet you, too!"

"Grandma! I'm meeting my little sister soon!"

"I'm so excited to meet her as well!"

In the afternoon, we were able to be checked out of the hospital and I drove the three of us over to my parents' house. When we pulled into the driveway, Loto immediately came outside with excitement on his face.

"Where is she, dad?"

"Right here, son."

Loto glanced over to the back seat and there was his little sister, sitting in a car seat and fast asleep with a small teddy-bear in her hand. 

"I'm your little brother!" Loto shouted.

The loud shouting woke up Samaria and she started to wake up in tears.

"I'm sorry, Daddy."

"It's okay. She's a newborn, Loto; the loudest of things can set her off into crying. You were the same exact way when you were first born."

"I didn't mean to make her cry." He apologized for the second time.

"Son, it's okay." 

I cradled Samaria in my arms for awhile until we all walked into the house and sat down in the living room. My family loved Samaria the moment they all laid eyes on her. 

"She's so adorable! What's her name?" My mother asked.

"Samaria Anoa'i."

"That's such a beautiful name. You've always had a way with names."

While introducing everyone to my daughter with Ashley at my side, I heard the door beginning to open and it was none other than Jimmy and Jey. 

"What's cracking, Uce?" Jimmy said.

"Shhh." 

"Why we being quiet?" 

When Jimmy and Jey quickly realized that I had Samaria in my arms, they silenced themselves.

"What's her name, Uce?" Jey asked.

"Samaria."

"Samaria suits her. She's out here looking like her mom in the face and has her daddy's hair!"

While I continued to talk to my family and introducing them to my newborn daughter, I was simply happy and thankful to be a proud father to two children; and married to a beautiful woman.