Chapter 26) I Make The Shots

Five days have passed since I've been spending most of my time with my family and hitting up the gym before SmackDown. Departing from Pensacola, I made another six-hour long drive to Orlando for the Thunderdome. Arriving to SmackDown, Paul escorted me into the building and I went over the script with Shane. 

I made my way down to the ring with Paul at my side as always. Everybody in the Thunderdome began to boo me continuously and I started smiling over at the camera as Paul handed me the microphone. 

"What do you call this place, Paul?"

"The Island of Relevancy." He whispered.

"The Island of Relevancy." I smiled, "Why is that?"

"Because you're relevant. You make everyone relevant!"

"In the numbers, the analytics; they don't lie. And you can look at it in a flesh. Take my cousin, Jey Uso, for example."

The crowd began to boo once more.

"Before, he was the twin that you didn't really know which one was which and now, he's pretty much main event Jey Uso. Look at the last two weeks alone. Two weeks ago, he put Daniel Bryan out and we haven't seen him since. Last week, he destroyed Kevin Owens. And at Survivor Series, he's gonna lead my team, team SmackDown, to victory. And on that very same night, I will establish my dominance and I will beat WWE secondary champion, Randy Orton. And when you think about Randy Orton--Which I don't." I chuckled, "He's the classic example of you can respect a man's accomplishments and still not respect the man himself."

Suddenly, Drew McIntyre's music began to play and he walked his way down to the ring to confront me. Confused, he didn't hesitate coming into the ring and looking me in the eyes with a smile on his face. 

"Roman Reigns. It's been a minute. Oh, Heyman! Did you miss me?" Drew asked.

"No?" Paul replied.

"Now Roman, I was just passing through town and I thought to stop by and I know how valuable your time is. I don't want you wasting your breath at all. I heard you talk about Randy Orton for a second. Here's the deal, you're not going to be facing Randy Orton at Survivor Series. This Monday on Raw, it's Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton, for the WWE Championship and I'm gonna win that match. And at Survivor Series, It's going to be you and me."

The crowd began to cheer. 

"I'm trying to think of the last time we were in the ring together. A lot has changed since then. When was it? Oh yeah! I was eliminating you to win the Royal Rumble earlier this year!" Drew smirked, "I don't know if you've been paying attention since then. But if you need filled in, you can chat to your counsel. And remember what happened since then, Paul? I made your client my bitch and defeated him in five minutes at WrestleMania. You wouldn't know what happened Post-WrestleMania, would you now? No, no. Roman Reigns, The Head of the Table, you just disappeared! You left us high-and-dry, you left the fans high-and-dry! And somebody had to step-up. And that somebody was Drew McIntyre."

Everyone started to chant throughout the Thunderdome. 

"You know what? It was an absolute privilege. It has been a privilege and it will continue to be a privilege. You see being the top guy around here as a right? I see it as an absolute honor. I've been-" Drew said, clearing his throat. "I can barely get the words out, this is so exciting for me. I've been so looking forward to looking you right in the face to tell you that I'm the man now and I will prove it at Survivor Series!"

I stood there with a smile on my face.

"I like you, Drew. I always have. I respect you, too. Everything you said was the truth." 

I looked into his eyes with a stern look on my face.

"But I'm back now. And ever since I came back, nobody knows who you are. I don't watch Raw."

"You're not missing much!" Paul interrupted me.

"It's all good, nobody does. Nobody watches that show because they're all watching SmackDown. They're all watching SmackDown; because they're all watching me. And now that you've failed your little audition, here, why don't you please tell us all who is Drew McIntyre?"

Drew looked down in defeat.

"Who is Drew McIntyre? Want me to tell you who Drew McIntyre is?" He said, looking into my eyes. "I'm the guy who's going to beat Randy Orton this Monday for the WWE Championship. I'm the guy that's gonna head into Survivor Series, WWE Champion, and I'm the guy who's going to show you who the future champion really is." 

Drew continued to stare into my eyes with anger. 

While we shared a little stare down, Jey ran out to the ring to confront Drew when I had it all under control. 

"I got this, Uce." Jey slipped into the ring and grabbed the microphone. "Drew McIntyre. What are you doing here, bruh?" He asked. "This ain't Monday, Uce! This is Friday Night SmackDown. We run this show, Uce! We do this! I know he ain't invite you. So what are you doing here, Drew?" Jey asked again.

I stood there in confusion as to why my cousin came out here and tried defending me when I had everything handled in this situation. Paul stood there bewildered.

"I know what you're doing, Uce. You're being real disrespectful right now! Last homie that was disrespectful was Daniel Bryan, I'ma get him. Last homie was disrespectful was Kevin Owens, I'ma get him. So it seems like I have to get you too, Drew."

Drew stood there with his arms opened, inviting Jey to brawl with him. 

"So with that being said, brother. One-on-one tonight! What did you say?"

"Well?" Drew shrugged. 

Jey threw the microphone down to the ground and got in his face.

"What the fuck are you going to do, Uce?" Jey asked, getting in Drew's face.

Drew shoved Jey down to the ground and walked towards me, looking me back in the eyes with anger.

"What are you gonna do, huh?" Drew asked.

"You're not worth my time." I replied. 

Paul, Jey and I stepped out of the ring and went backstage, leaving Drew all alone in the ring, shaking his head.

Walking backstage, I was infuriated with my cousin. He was putting words into my mouth towards Drew McIntyre and I wasn't going to stand there and let my cousin put me in check.

"Paul, can you give us a minute." I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "Alone?"

"I understand, sir."

After Paul went elsewhere, I looked over at my cousin and shoved him against the wall.

"You're saying we? Ours? Us? I run this! This is all mine! I call the shots around here. I am the Head of the Table! Who's the Universal Champion, huh? I never said for you to come out and handle my business. Didn't nobody tell you to come out there and make a match for yourself. I make the matches around here, I call the shots. Do you understand me?" I yelled. 

"Alright, alright, Uce. I'm gonna handle this."

"You better." I scoffed.

I walked back into my locker-room door, infuriated. After a few minutes of collecting myself, I heard knocking on my door.

"Roman? Can I come in?" Asked Adam Pearce. 

"Whatever."

"Sonya and I have decided on having your cousin, Jey Uso, in a one-on-one match tonight against Drew McIntyre in an unsanctioned match for the main event. Sound good?"

"Yeah, sure. Now can you get out of here?"

Adam paused and looked nervous, "Alright."

When the main event finally approached, I watched my cousin and Drew battle it out against each other. I was still pissed off that my cousin was trying to handle my personal business when I always have everything under control.

Drew was tossing him around like a ragdoll with Belly-To-Belly Suplexes, back and forth and following-up with a Kip-Up. Jey managed to lay some Superkicks and Drew reversed his move-sets. Drew ran towards Jey and laid down a Claymore Kick and managed to get the pinfall. 

I walked out to the ring in utter disappointment. Drew was adjusting his jaw and glaring over at me as the show began to close out. I walked back into the locker-room enraged.