Chapter 47) Christmas

After falling asleep for the night, I couldn't wait wait to wake up and watch my wife and kids open their Christmas presents.

I always loved Christmas. I've always been more of a giver than a receiver. I loved seeing the smiles on everyone's faces. I guess you can say my Christmas wish already came true and that's having my family with me.

Christmas Morning

It was seven in the morning and I was awoken with my two cousins and my son standing at mine and Ashley's bedside with huge smiles on their faces.

"Merry Christmas, Uce!" Jimmy said.

"Merry Christmas, Daddy!"

"It's Christmas already?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah Uce. Your son's been awake for almost an hour and he's been dying to open the presents that you, Ashley, and Mr. Santa Claus left underneath the tree. You know what I'm saying?" Jey said.

"Alright, alright. I'm gonna get up in five minutes." I said in a groggy voice.

"We'll be waiting downstairs, Uce."

After everyone left the room, I woke up Ashley with a warm, joyous smile on my face.

"Merry Christmas, babe."

She yawns, "Merry Christmas, Ro."

"You didn't hear my cousins or our son just now?"

"No. I was in a deep sleep until you woke me up." She teased.

"That's surprising. They're always loud as hell."

We both stood up from the bed and made our way down to the living room. I placed some of the presents for Loto and Samaria last night and played it off like Santa came to visit and had to eat some cookies that were sat near the fireplace.

"Can we open presents now, Daddy?" Loto asked.

"Of course!" I smiled.

Loto opened his gifts along with Samaria and they were star struck at their presents. Loto received some WWE merchandise and tons of Paw Patrol plushies of his favorite characters. Samaria opened her presents and seen a small teddy bear, Disney Princess toys and a lot more. The kids were thrilled to see what they received and it brought Ashley and I tons of joy. Even Ashley loved her presents of perfume and even a beautiful diamond necklace and our family dog loved his little chew toys that I found at the pet store.

Jimmy and Jey sat on the couch with warm smiles on their faces. They loved seeing my children happy on Christmas morning. As the most exciting time of the year went by, we all gathered by the table late in the evening and feasted on some delicious Christmas dinner to end our night.

A Few Hours Later

"Ashley, I loved the dinner tonight. You're an amazing cook!" Jimmy said.

"Thank you, Jimmy! Thank you both for stopping by."

"Ain't no problem, Uce. We love you like a sister."

"Jimmy, we have to leave back to Florida." Jey interrupted.

"Alright Uce." Jimmy said, "It was nice seeing you guys. Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas, guys!"

Jimmy and Jey left and drove back to their place. The kids were fast asleep in their bedrooms and it was just Ashley and I all alone in our bedroom for the night.

"Did you have a good Christmas, babe?" I asked.

"Of course I did. You always give the best gifts."

I smiled, "Is that so?"

"Would I lie to you?" She teased.

"Nope. Well, maybe." I replied with a smirk on my face.

I gazed into her eyes as she was wearing the cutest white, woven sweater that covered her shorts and her long and grey Christmas-themed knee-high socks that covered half of her legs

I gazed into her eyes as she was wearing the cutest white, woven sweater that covered her shorts and her long and grey Christmas-themed knee-high socks that covered half of her legs. Ashley looked stunning tonight and I couldn't stop staring at her. I was in a trance.

"Ro?" Ashley said multiple times that broke me out of my trance.

"Yeah?"

"You were in a trance again, weren't you?" She asked with a smile.

"Nah. I was just thinking."

"I know when you're in a trance, Ro. It's written all over your face and I've known you for years. Think I wouldn't notice, hm?" She teased.

"Okay, alright you got me." I laughed.

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Ashley." I replied with my lips pressed against hers.

Ashley stood up from the bed and sat down on my lap as she continued to plant kisses on my lips and ran her fingers through my long, black hair.

The feeling that she gave me sent goose bumps around my arms and made me feel as if there was nothing wrong in the world nor in my life outside of home.

I pulled Ashley closer to me and rested my chin against her shoulder with a warm smile on my face.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just feeling like I'm the luckiest man in the world."

"How so?"

"I mean, I have you and two amazing kids. What more could a man want?"

"That is true."

We paused for a moment. I leaned backwards and was met with her beautiful eyes looking into mine. I gently moved the hair away from her shoulders and placed a kiss on her lips. We ended our Christmas night with some passionate lovemaking. I already had the best Christmas present in the world and that was having the family I've always wanted.

⭐️ I have another book that I am currently writing called "Silent Whispers" after a year long hiatus from working on it. Please give it a read sometime!