Chapter 44) Acknowledge Me

I was going to spoil my family for Christmas this year; just like I said. They deserve to be happy after everything that's happened with the Rollins situation awhile ago. But unfortunately, I had to return to SmackDown and finish this god-awful feud against Kevin Owens for TLC. After I arrived back to the Thunderdome, I was once again greeted by my cousin and Paul Heyman.

When SmackDown started, I made my way down to the ring with my cousin and Paul at my side. I looked around at the Thunderdome and seen over three-hundred or more screens of people around the arena cheering me on. I honestly missed seeing the actual fans and not just on a computer screen. If it wasn't for the pandemic, none of us would have been in this mess. I broke out of my trance and made my way down the ramp and into the ring for a segment.

Apparently, Owens was backstage and watching Paul and I inside of the ring. Everybody in the Thunderdome began to boo me as always. I looked at the ground with a smile and looked into the camera and pulled the microphone up to my mouth. 

"KO, I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt your family, but you're running around here and you're telling the whole world that I'm a bad guy." I scoffed, "You see, I'm not a bad guy. I'm just doing the things that you have to do to be the the guy." I paused. "Something that you don't understand; it's above your pay grade. And it's beyond the level that you're at. Stay in your lane. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna show you that I'm a good guy. I'm gonna give you the same chance; I'm gonna give you the same opportunity that I gave my own flesh and blood."

Kevin stormed out.

"Acknowledge me. Acknowledge me as your Tribal Chief. Acknowledge me as the head of your family table and we're all good. But if you don't; if you just cant, I'm gonna end you. You're not even gonna make it to TLC on Sunday. Hell, you won't make it out of here tonight." I growled, "So get your ass down here; apologize, and tell me the words that I wanna hear."

I dropped the microphone in anger. I stood there in the ring and waited for Owens to make his way down to the ring to fight me. 

When he came out from the back, my cousin was already waiting for his arrival and attacked him from behind. Owens started to fight back and I jumped in with my cousin and beat his ass until he couldn't move. He struggled and we kept beating him down to the ground.

"Where are you going?"

"Please! Stop it!" Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville pleaded.

Before I ended things, I slammed him against the barricade and threw my title against my shoulder with my cousin and Paul at my side.

After a minute of heading backstage, I looked over at Jey with frustration on my face.

"If you don't know, you know now! He got the message now! You know what I'm saying?" 

"No."

"He understands now!"

"No, he doesn't. He doesn't understand. I know his kind. He's not gonna listen, he's not gonna stop. End him. Take him out. I don't wanna see him anymore." I said. 

I watched Jey leave the backstage area and scavenged around for Owens. After he seen him walking with the referee and Adam Pearce, Jey didn't hesitate but to whack him in the back with a steel chair.

"Jey! Stop it!" The referee pleaded.

"Back up! Back up!" He shouted.

"This is not your fight, Jey!"

"Stay down, KO! Stay down! Stay down, boy!" He said, throwing the steel chair down.

Kevin walked around in pain and couldn't barely stand up. 

"Let's take you to the medical staff, Kevin." Adam Pearce said.

Later on in the night, Jey ran into the medical room and started throwing punches to Owens. He personally hated him as well after he disrespected our family bloodline. He threw Kevin onto the table and looked down at him with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Stay down!" 

Jey walked off and went back into my locker-room with annoyance written all over his face. 

"Uce, KO pissed me off tonight!"

"I know. He's going to get what's coming to him at TLC. Mark my words, Jey."

Before I could turn around, Paul stopped me in my tracks.

"Hello, my Tribal Chief."

"What's good, Paul?" I asked, tying my hair into a bun.

"Well, what are your plans for Christmas coming up soon? I know it's not work-related, but I..."

"Ashley and I are having a Christmas Eve party over at my house back in Pensacola. You're invited to come if you'd like."

"I'd love to partake in your Christmas Eve party, my Tribal Chief. I'll be there!"

"Sounds good! I just have to get this match over with against Owens and we can finally take some time off work to relax."

"Did you know that they're going to film next week's SmackDown tomorrow night?"

"Shane hasn't said anything about that to me tonight, Paul."

"Oh? Allow me to inform you, my Tribal Chief, that they're recording an episode here at the Thunderdome of SmackDown tomorrow so we can take some time off."

"Paul, I know how this works."

"Okay. I've also been informed by Adam Pearce via text message that you and Kevin Owens are going to be going one-on-one for the Universal Heavyweight Championship inside of a steel cage match for the Christmas episode of SmackDown."

"Steel cage, huh?" I said, scratching my beard with a devilish smile on my face. "That gives me the opportunity to beat his ass singlehandedly and make him suffer. Perfect."

We were scheduled for another segment to close out the show. We waited for Owens to make his way down to the ring for the second time tonight. I stood there with the microphone in hand and looked back into the camera.

"For the life of me; I've been trying to understand this, Paul. I've been racking my brain and trying to understand why, why? If you had the opportunity to be in the ring with me; if you had the opportunity to be on the Island of Relevancy. To be on the main event of a pay-per-view; to be in a championship match with Roman Reigns. Why would you blow it? This is an opportunity that your kids, kids, kids, kids, kids, kids will talk about. This is an opportunity that will elevate your career to the next level. To get paydays...Paydays." 

And just like that, I was once again interrupted by Kevin Owens. I was already beginning to grow annoyed to where I sighed and rubbed my hands together in frustration while Paul took my title.  

"Jey, beat his ass for me." 

"I got you, Uce!"  

Jey slid out from the ring and attacked Owens. He quickly grabbed a chair and whacked my cousin in the side. I grabbed another steel chair and I was about to beat his ass. Owens quickly retaliated with punching me in the face multiple times. I knocked him out with a spear to the ribs and walked around him like a vulture stalking its prey. I was beginning to have a headache and took my frustrations out on him with the steel chair.  

"Let me get this table out here, Uce!" Jey shouted. 

Jey grabbed the table out from underneath the ring along with more steel chairs and sat it up while I kept Owens down. I still kept the chair in hand and continued to circle him around. Jey power-bombed Owens into the table and I looked over at him and pointed at the other table.

"Put him on that table."

Jey grabbed his wrists and knocked him out until he fell down on the canvas.

"Let me tell you, Owens. Take your payday. Stop working, bro. It's not worth it."

"Stay in the back, KO!" Said Jey.

"This could have been avoided. You had the opportunity of a lifetime but you chose to piss me off!" I shouted.

I picked him up and Samoan Dropped him onto the table. He was screaming in agonizing pain while I proceeded to throw broken tables and steel chairs on his defenseless body until he was completely covered.

Jey threw in some ladders and it gave me an idea to throw them onto Owens' lifeless body. Jey and I took some steel chairs and kept slamming him over and over again until we made our point very clear that we were out for blood at TLC.

We left him covered in the broken tables, metal ladders, steel chairs and went backstage. I could hear everybody in the Thunderdome chanting, "You suck!"

"Roman." Kayla Braxton said, approaching us.

I looked down at her and laughed, "I'm good now. You get one question."

"Uh. I'm gonna go."

Kayla decided to back off instead of interviewing us. She looked uncomfortable approaching the three of us. We watched Kevin moving the objects away from him and grabbed a microphone and sat down on a steel chair that was thrown at him.

"Roman!" He panted.

"Let's go, guys." I said.

Jey, Paul and I walked away from the backstage area and went to my locker-room.

"Roman. Nothing you or your family do to me can keep me down. At TLC, I'm gonna take the Universal Title or I'm gonna die trying."