Chapter 8) You're Kidding Me?

After Ashley called me and told me what happened, I quickly left the Thunderdome and made my way back to Pensacola.

That bastard couldn't be back after everything he's done to us. Now that we have a son together, my job was to also protect him and Ashley at all costs.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I said to myself as I struggled to find my car keys inside of my duffel bag.

After quickly finding my car keys, I quickly turned on my Range Rover and drove as quickly as I could back to my house.

Hours later, I finally arrived back home and immediately went to our bedroom. I walked into the bedroom to seeing my son peacefully asleep in his crib. She must've brought him down to our bedroom instead. I couldn't find Ashley, but when I did, she was curled up into a fetal position underneath the bed.

"Baby, I'm home." I said in a comforting voice.

When she cooperated with me and allowed me to sit with her on the bed, I looked down at my wife with concern.

"Baby, tell me what's going on. All I heard was Seth was out of prison and I came home as soon as I could."

"I-I just know he might come back for me. After everything he's done to us." Ashley said with her voice cracking as if she was about to shed tears while trembling.

I looked into her eyes as they were full of sadness and trauma. I kneeled down on both knees in front of her whilst gently bringing her hand into mine.

"Nah babe, I'm not going to allow that bastard to ever lay his hands on you or our son. He's going to have to get through me first and he knows what I'm capable of. You have nothing to worry about, dear."

I gently swept the hair from Ashley's forehead and planted a kiss.

Loto awoken from his slumber and started to cry. I watched as Ashley left our bed to pick him up.

"Loto, it's okay sweetheart. Mommy's just not feeling really good today."

"Want me to take him off your hands, Ash?"

"If you want to."

I picked up my son and looked into his eyes. He really does take after me and that brought a smile to my face.

"Daddy's here, son."

I held Loto close to me as I walked upstairs and into his bedroom. Then I gently placed him into his second crib.

"Mommy's not feeling well right now. I have to take care of her right now and I need you to get some sleep."

I sat there for ten minutes and waited for Loto to fall asleep. When his eyes started to droop and he began to yawn, he fell asleep and I covered him up and quietly left his bedroom and silently went down the stairs. When I opened our bedroom, she was still sitting on the bed and staring at the floor.

"Hey, the baby's asleep."

I sat down next to her.

"That's great. I'm just terrified right now."

"I understand. He's not going to come anywhere near you babe. Remember? We have a restraining order against him. If he were to break that restraining order, he'll be sent back to prison."

"I know. I just think that he's going to end up doing something drastic between us and I'm more worried about the baby because who knows what he'd do to him."

"I wouldn't let him approach you, our son, or the family. He has no chance and he doesn't have the balls to come back and cause trouble again after what we done to him."