Chapter 24) Jey's Acknowledgement

My cousin, Jey Uso, was scheduled to team up with Kevin Owens for Survivor Series. We sat down in my locker-room and started talking about a strategy for him. He had to win this match for the sake of our bloodline. Suddenly, I was craving some coffee. 

"Hey Jey, can you get me some coffee?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure, Uce!"

Jey went to the back and began preparing me some coffee and minutes after, Kevin approached him. 

"You alright, man?" Kevin asked.

"Sup, Uce. It's been a rough couple of weeks."

"Yeah, I saw last week and now Roman's got you getting his coffee, shouldn't that be Heyman's job?" He chuckled. 

"What did you say?" Jey said, taking offense to Kevin's joke.

"Dude, I was just kidding."

"Do you think my family's a joke, Uce?"

"No, I don't think your family's a joke-I don't think any of this is a joke, actually." Kevin said, nervously. "Look, I came over here because you and I are partners at Survivor Series. You know that, right?"

"Yeah."

"And you know, I don't have a great track record at that particular event, so I figured this year maybe things could go better and since we're partners, I just wanted to check in on you; but clearly you've got some stuff on your mind. So I'll leave you be, but you probably should switch to decaf or something. Take it easy." Kevin said before taking off.

Later on when Jey proceeded to work on my coffee, Kayla Braxton came up to Jey with the microphone and interviewed him on Daniel Bryan.

"I consider DB a friend. I'm sorry, Uce. But he ain't blood. Family is forever."

"You're right, family is forever." Kayla joked, "Unless you don't fall in line and do what Roman Reigns tells you to do, right? Otherwise, according to Roman, you're out of the family."

"You over here got jokes too, huh? Look, everybody wanna be funny today or something?"

Paul interrupted the interview and looked over at Kayla.

"Hi, how are you?" Paul asked. "I'm fine, thank you. Question? Did Roman Reigns authorize this interview?" He asked, "It was rhetorical. No, he did not!" Paul said, then looking at Jey. "Roman needs to talk to you for a minute, please."

"Well, Jey, it seems as if Paul Heyman has a better spot in the family than you do." Kayla joked.

"Still throwing shade, huh, Kayla? You ain't that funny."

"Let's not keep him waiting." Paul said, escorting Jey towards the locker-room door.

Jey and Paul were making their way to my locker-room door and he engaged in conversation.

"I really do respect everything that you're trying to do; but if you wanna do something like that, you gotta run it by Roman, first."

"Paul, I need permission to do an interview? On television in front of my cousin?"

"Yes, I'm glad you understand."

"Well, let's go talk to him, then! Let's go talk to him, Paul."

"Why don't you stay here and I'll bring him to you when he's ready. It won't be long!"

Jey rolled his eyes.

"I'll go talk to him then. I'll let him know what's going on."

Jey proceeded to wait in front of the locker-room door and I was relaxing on my luxurious couch and scrolling through social media until I heard my door opening and it was Paul. 

"Roman, sir. I'm sorry to interrupt you, but your cousin, Jey Uso, needs to talk to you."

"Bet." I said, standing up and walked out the door to seeing Jey standing there in front of my locker-room. 

"Why are you doing interviews? Why are you over there talking to Kayla? Why are you upset? Are you trying to tell your story or something?" I asked. 

"No, Uce. I was just doing an interview. We have work."

"There's a chain of command, here." I interrupted Jey. "If you wanna do something like that, then you come talk to me. If you can't find me, then you talk to Paul." I paused. "What's going on? What's all this about Kevin Owens, too?"

"Man, forget that foo, Uce. He's just making dumb jokes!"

"Jokes. Dumb jokes." I scoffed.

"Yeah."

"It sounds like he was disrespecting you."

I paused and looked him in the eyes.

"Uce, if he disrespects you, then he disrespects me. And if he disrespects me, then he disrespects our entire bloodline. Someone like Kevin Owens, running his mouth about our family, who sits at the top of the mountain. Everything we've ever worked for. You're just gonna let that slide? Are you gonna let someone like that run their mouth about us?" I asked, raising my hand up. 

"Nah, man. I'm gonna handle it."

Jey said, scurrying off.

"You knew about this?" I asked Paul with annoyance. 

"Well, I kind of found out about it while it was happening!" Paul said, defeated.

"You're supposed to know about everything. You're here to handle everything, so I don't have to."

"I understand." He replied.

"Go find Adam Pearce. We're gonna handle this KO problem tonight."

Paul ran off to find Adam Pearce while I stood there with utter frustration on my face. 

Throughout the show, Adam Pearce made the match between Jey and Kevin for tonight's main event. I watched as the both of them made their entrances and started to wrestle. Jey was throwing Kevin around and making his shoulder hit the ring posts, following-up with a superkick. 

Kevin attempted the pop-up powerbomb but failed as Jey did a leap frog to escape from it. Jey was dominating this match and I was beyond proud of him. Jey was beginning to get exhausted throughout the match and when he tried to stand up on the top rope, Kevin started standing on his two feet and hit Jey across the face.

Minutes passed and Kevin Owens tried to get the pinfall on my cousin and thankfully enough, his foot was on the rope and kept Kevin from winning the match. My entrance suddenly began to play as Jey laid down a low-blow to Kevin to distract everyone. 

Jey stood on the top rope and laid down a frog-splash down onto Kevin's body and won the match. I came out when he finally won the match and congratulated him.

"Proud of you." I said, looking over towards a defeated Kevin Owens with my Universal Championship lifted high above my head. 

"I acknowledge you, Uce." Jey said, in which brought a smile on my face as the show started to go off the air.